SAP DB2 (BBBH114406) Minneapolis, Minnesota
The Senior Principal IT Technologist will assume responsibility for achieving expected outcomes related to overall DB2 administration and optimizing investment from the SAP technical landscape. Specifically, the role will consist of a combination of responsibilities including primary technical expert directing all DB2 activities, providing governance of contract staff to complete support and project tasks , ensuring the appropriate SOPs/checklists are in-place and followed, preventive maintenance is effectively managed, and performing applicable DB2 administration tasks as needed.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Responsible for developing and maintaining the technical details for SOPs and ensure are followed to maintain a viable system
• Provide technical expertise and direction to drive effective operations related to support and project initiatives. Ensure DB2 team meets SLA expectations, as well as produce quality deliverables meeting project schedule & cost baselines
• Lead key initiatives and provide technical administration as needed including for general maintenance, upgrades, installations, proof of concepts, and complex projects. Ensure technology is current and viable.
• Maintaining and supporting multiple instances of a global SAP environment including troubleshooting problems, escalating open issues, implementing solutions, and optimize the system for maximum performance
• Provide technical expertise and assistance to Basis Program Manager, as needed, to govern contract staff
• Responsible for designing and delivering solutions that are aligned with business requirements
• Work with project management and project teams to confirm scope, resource plan, and technical tasks
• Coordinate interactions with applicable vendors to escalate issues, resolve problems, and maintain currency of systems
• Provide input to architecture strategy group to improve database and platform
·Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards related to the DB2 RDBMS
·Full knowledge of industry practices in the areas of database design and support
Working understanding of complex software and information technology solutions and ability to apply to client needs.
·7+ years of IT experience with B.A or B.S.; 10+ years of IT experience with M.A. or M.S.
·4-6 years working as DB2 LUW administration with demonstrated experience related to support, maintenance, and implementation projects.
·Demonstrated ability administering databases for SAP application modules ECC6 MDM, APO, CRM, and Portal
·Experience with storage replication based disaster recovery
·Experience with Tivoli Storage Manager for DB2 backups and archiving
·Experience performance tuning and troubleshooting SAP database systems
·Experience with DB2 deep compression
·Competent in Unix scripting and how database interacts with operating system
·Ability to develop standard procedures and practices relating to databases and database management
·Responsible for setting, and executing toward, strategic direction across areas of responsibility.
·Good oral and written communication skills.
·Analytical problem solving skills.
·Advanced degree in Computer Science or business related discipline.
·Certified as an IBM database administrator
•Experience as a team lead
•Exposure to managed services staffing model
•Experience serving as SAP Basis administrator
·Ability to explain complex technical solutions and
architecture strategies to non-technical resources
·Ability to mentor and develop technical resources.
·Able to work independently as well as cooperatively.