Client Support Specialist II, Information Technology (43674) Herndon, Virginia
|Salary:||USD46000 - USD57000 per year|
Monitors user requests and system issues. Serves as support in responding to and diagnosing production support problems. Interacts effectively with internal customers and appropriate system vendors to conduct necessary research to resolve issues.
- Ensures documentation standards and procedures for operations are in place.
- Actively seeks and evaluates opportunities for process improvement.
- Provides system maintenance and support for desktop/laptop computer systems, NT LAN, AS/400 WAN, PBX, POS, mobile devices and other systems as required.
- Creates reports and provides a means to verify the integrity of existing infrastructure.
- May work on-call to support emergencies or projects.
- Provides first and second-tier technical support and resolution of internal and external customers/users on basic hardware, network, software and application problems.
- Troubleshoots and restores technical service and equipment issues by analyzing, identifying, and diagnosing faults and symptoms using established processes, scripts, and procedures; helps identify and analyze problem causes, patterns, and trends; recommends corrective action where appropriate.
- Performs data analysis using appropriate tools and system transactions to support recommendations.
- Identifies customer concerns and resolves or escalates customer issues expediently and accurately within documented timeframes.
- Logs all incoming calls into problem-management database and help-desk systems; follows established procedures to document problems and recommends modifications to procedures as required.
- May interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems.
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties; recommends system modifications to reduce user problems.
- Provides troubleshooting support via phone, in-person or through remote software.
- Minimum requirement of 2 years troubleshooting experience, 5 years experience preferred.
- Minimum requirement of 2 years support for desktop/laptop computer systems, 5 years experience preferred.
- May be required to work on-call shifts to support emergencies.
- HS diploma or GED required, Associates or Bachelors degree or certification preferred.
Business Hours: M-F, 8AM 5PM
Location: Herndon, VA
Pay Grade: S20
Dept/Org Scope & Impact - Fully functioning support role having greater responsibility to perform all (or most) most of the standard work within the function; moderate impact to the department
Problem Complexity - Effectively identifies problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is not difficult or complex; Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor/manager
Autonomy - Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, techniques; Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor/manager
Knowledge - Demonstrates basic knowledge of a technical or specialty area; Readily learns and applies new information/concept in area of practice
Cox Communications, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.