Customer Service Representative (-2137) Houston, Texas
Basic Function: Ensures highest quality customer service and assists the maintenance team with keeping all common areas by the entrances and exits clean.
- Assists customers in making payment to fully automated revenue control equipment
- Helps customers with parking services and facilitates the expedient flow of traffic through the facility
- Leads programs to improve client and customer satisfaction
- Assists in the management of the day-to-day activities of the assigned location.
- Monitors parkers in pay-in lanes
- Interacts with customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Provides assistance to customers that have forgotten where they parked their vehicle.
- Performs other necessary functions as assigned.
- Conducts garage and facility audits as required by management.
- Counts “bank” of revenue (if required) at beginning of shift to ensure starting total is correct.
- Makes change (if required) for customers before transactions.
- Quotes rates for parking services.
- Gives directions to customers to various locations in the city.
- Resolves customer complaints independently or with the aid of a supervisor.
- Answers telephone in a prompt and courteous manner (if required).
- Maintains cleanliness of facility and picks up trash in the surrounding area.
- Presents themselves professionally (neat appearance and in uniform) at all times while at work.
- Arrives to work on time for scheduled shifts.
- Completes any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Required: High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of experience and education
Experience Required: Experience with automated parking access control hardware and software or a high aptitude for technology.
Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to make change.
Language skills: Ability to read, write and interpret the English language. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, supervisors and other employees of the organization.
Reasoning ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but standard written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
Judgment: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Other skills and abilities: ability to use clock (standard/military time), calculator (optional) or credit card machine to handle transactions. Ability to maintain a pleasant and mannerly demeanor when speaking on the telephone and with the public. Ability to effectively respond to customer problems or complaints. Must be proactive with strong personal drive and proven customer service skills and must be willing to lead by example. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule.
Please see detailed job posting on Standard Parking's Career Website for additional information regarding this job posting.
Standard Parking is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other classes protected by federal or state law. Standard Parking does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.