Underwriting Associate (7554BR) San Ramon, California
Underwriters play an important role in the risk management of a company by assessing mortality and morbidity risk to ensure equitable treatment of potential policyholders. They evaluate information on the application to determine whether the risk is acceptable, the premium rate to charge is acceptable and that the amount of insurance is necessary. Some of the key factors in evaluating the risk include review of the applicant’s medical history, motor vehicle record, hazardous activities or hobbies, blood profile, criminal history, financial position and insurable interest.
We are seeking people who are detail oriented and enjoy analyzing information, with the ability to act promptly while exercising good judgment and sound decision making skills.
• Reviews and analyzes life insurance applications within the limits of authority, including all underwriting requirements and other evidence of insurability for the assessment of the risk.
• Determines if additional requirements are needed and requests them if necessary.
• Communicates with various partners and field agents and collaborate with interdepartmental contacts.
• Answers basic inquiries regarding eligibility, policies, underwriting and compliance procedures.
• Willingness to learn new tasks, increase technical knowledge and be proactive with personal development.
• Works effectively in a team environment.
• Offers suggestions to improve work processes and procedures.
• Focuses on quality, timeliness and productivity by making the best possible offer in the least amount of time.
• Participates in medical, financial and soft skill training.
• BA/BS Degree required.
• Excellent PC skills including word, excel and Lotus Notes.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational, presentation, interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task.
• Demonstrate sound judgment and strong decision making and maintain high ethical standards.
• Effective analytical and problem solving skills