ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER 6 (11826BR) Dallas, Texas
CDM Smith is seeking a candidate to serve in a key project manager / engineer position in our Dallas, Texas office. This position offers professional growth opportunities in the planning, design and construction of large-scale water and wastewater treatment and transmission facilities.
Working on projects throughout Texas and the United States, this individual will lead multidisciplinary project delivery teams and support business development activities. As a member of the Dallas office, this candidate will have support from and direct access to all engineering design discipline staff and to recognized process engineering resources and company experts. The project manager / engineer will work with regional resources to develop detailed designs of water and wastewater treatment processes and transmission facilities.
As a project manager / engineer, and dependent upon the assigned project, the candidate will have varying responsibilities for project scope, budget, schedule and delivery. These responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Working directly with clients to formulate project approach and developing detailed project scopes in line with client expectations.
• Assisting with identification of subconsultant arrangements and development of subconsultant agreements in line with company policies.
• Engaging subconsultants and internal engineering disciplines to develop project budgets, schedules, and staffing plans commensurate with the project scope.
• Development of design concepts in conjunction with regional technical experts.
• Directing teams typically of up to 20 engineers, including subordinate supervisors, and technicians and managing multiple subconsultants.
• Mentoring process design staff as a technical resource.
• Implementing CDM Smith Quality Management System procedures.
Additionally, it is also desirable that the candidate be able to:
• Plan, develop, coordinate, and direct a number of large and important projects or a project of major scope and complexity.
• Assist in new business development activities within their areas of expertise.
• Act independently on technical matters pertaining to their specialty field.
• Work as a recognized leader of technical and professional staff.
• Keep abreast of new methods and developments affecting CDM Smith in order to recommend changes to current programs or initiation of new programs warranted by such developments.
This individual should have excellent communication skills and a proven track record of strong project performance.
A successful CDM Smith candidate will have: 10 - 13 minimum years of experience since B.S. Registration as Professional Engineer is a requirement for engineering positions.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an equal opportunity employer.