Drupal Developer – Sr Technical Consultant (198) Arlington, Virginia
Blackstone Technology Group is hiring a Drupal Developer – Sr Technical Consultant who can design, code, debug, and test innovative applications for a Drupal-based Content Management in a fast-moving, cutting edge government client environment.
- Assist in the design, implementation, testing and deployment of Drupal web applications.
- Work with others to implement complex functionality using PHP by creating custom Drupal modules.
- Work with others to design and code service interfaces from Drupal to external systems.
- Share knowledge and assist with training other developers and staff.
- Support documentation specialists in documenting functionality.
- BA/BS, preferably in Computer Science or other related subject area (technical, analysis, or mathematics)
- Must successfully complete a stringent Background Investigation and obtain the required Government security clearance (Active Department of Homeland Security clearance is desired – US Citizenship is required)
- 2-4 years of experience developing with Drupal (preferably Drupal 7) and other content management frameworks, including demonstrated custom module development and theming
- Preferred Experience: Working knowledge of Agile (Scrum/XP) development; knowledge of Drupal development norms and application architecture; understands complex database concepts; experience with relational database management systems including MySQL
- Knowledge of usability/accessibility standards of user interface development in order to produce code compliant for Section 508 accessibility; may work with development tools that aid in this process
- Understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture, XML, SOAP, REST, JSON, and/or other Web Services technologies
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrates very good written and oral presentation skills and outstanding client-interaction skills
- Thinks creatively and demonstrate the ability to work independently on a complex task with little direction, supervision, and management oversight. The incumbent should be highly motivated, a self-starter, and able to work alone or in groups
Blackstone offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. EOE/M/F/D/V
No phone calls or agencies please.
Blackstone Technology Group (www.bstonetech.com) is a 300+ person, privately-held, global IT and business consulting firm founded in 1998. Headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in Sacramento, Denver, Houston, and Washington DC, our mission is to implement innovative IT and business process solutions that help our clients address industry challenges, achieve cost containment, and transform their business models within their respective commercial and public service marketplaces. Blackstone has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results, with a noteworthy client list that includes many Fortune 1000 businesses and US Federal Government and California State Agencies.