Desktop Field Engineer (BBBH121220) Edmonton, Canada
Currently seeking an IT Field Operations Engineer for Direct Hire opportunity with a company involved in Metals Processing. This position will be based out of Edmonton and provide regional technical support for up to 10 locations -- so traveling required for this position.
This person will be primarily responsible for all Desktop Computers, monitors, scanners, MFPS, tablets, mobile phones, printers, and laptops. Also will be supporting Warehouse Automation products ( Wireless access points, Thin Clients, Symbol Scanners, and label printers )
Travel will include 4 locations in Edmonton ( driving possibly on a daily basis ) as well as travel to other locations by plane. Travel trips could be up to 3 - 4 days in length.
Will also be providing remote desktop support, as well.
- Manage and support all client facing technology products.
- Installs, troubleshoots, configures, and maintain office and warehouse computer
- equipment to include desktop computers, monitors, scanners, MFPs, tablets, cell phones, printers, and laptops.
- Install and manage required software for the client facing products.
- Works in collaboration with the IT engineering teams to identify business problems or inefficiencies. Assists with evaluations of new systems/technologies.
- Work in collaboration with remote users to understand needs for new tools that will enhance their day to day tasks.
- Ensures all issues are being tracked and documented.
- Provides onsite support to remote IT groups such as Network and Systems engineering.
- Minimum of 3-5 years supporting a warehouse/office environment.
- Understand and worked on All MS office products.
- Understand and worked on Basic troubleshooting on all network Gears (Cisco and Brocade).
- Understand and worked on Warehouse automation products (Wireless access points, Thin Clients, Symbol scanners, and label printers).
- Understand and worked on all client facing products (PCs, Laptops, tablets, cell phones, and printers) from major manufacturing companies.
- Previously worked on and have extensive experience in customer support and Field Operations.
- Must be extremely resourceful, able to work independently or as part of a cross-functional team where required.
- Excellent business and technical communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills required.
- Willing to travel extensively.
- Willing to participate in after hour support.
- Bachelor’s degree and IT certifications a plus.