Dealer Warranty Support Analyst (A53AB47742) Irvine, California
- Assist in handling dealer, port, fleet and DPSM calls related to warranty claims procedures and Kia policy issues.
- Develop, produce and distribute warranty manuals, Warranty Bulletins, Warranty Reference Materials, Service Policy and Procedures Manual, Warranty Claims Processing Manual and associated information as directed by warranty management.
- Develop, assemble and participate in warranty training webinars on current TOP 10 call topics or new warranty issues (new systems enhancements, etc.
- Conduct Warranty Labor Rate reviews, maintain competitive labor rate reports, process MPR appeals and process new dealer set-up.
- Misc. tasks as needed.
- Handle dealer, port, fleet and DPSM calls and emails related to warranty claims procedures and Kia policy issues.
- Develop, review, and participate in warranty training webinars conducted monthly. Track dealer participation and assemble a training exit report for dealer recommendations and training comments identifying improvements actions needed.
- Review, validate and process manual claims requests, labor time requests, dealer labor rates, MPR appeals and other dealer or DPSM requests.
- Draft publication updates for warranty manuals, bulletins and training materials. Maintains reports.
- Misc. task as assigned by Warranty management
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience required.
Overall Related Experience:
- A basic knowledge of automotive systems, component operation and repair is highly desired.
- Dealership warranty operations knowledge including warranty processing.
- Dealer experience in warranty claims processing.
Directly Related Experience:
- Two years of warranty publications in an automotive manufacturer/distributor environment.
- Hotline/Call Center experience with dealership personnel.
- Previous computer-based experience using PC word processing software, MS office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and preferred publication software (Adobe products)
- A high level of organizational, planning and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and strong written communication skills are required.
KIA MOTORS AMERICA is a dynamic company that is ideal for professionals who seek to accelerate their careers. Based in one of the nation’s most desirable communities in Southern California. Our outstanding benefits package includes 100% paid health insurance, 401(k) plan, plus much more. EOE M/F/D/V. For more information about Kia, please visit our website at http://www.kia.com/