SAP Fi/CO Functional Analyst (3316) Irving, Texas
Buchanan Technologies isseeking an experienced SAP functional configuration analyst to provide expertise in all aspects of SAP�s FI (Financial Accounting) and CO (Controlling) modules. The selected candidate will work with a regional and global SAP application team to understand, optimize, enhance and supportour client'sbusiness processes on its SAP 6.0 financial system.
The candidate will provide their FI/CO functional expertise to resolve service requests and incidents to consistently achieve service level targets and interact with internal customers to develop solutions to satisfy new project initiatives forthe client'sfinancial Department. This candidate will also work closely with the IT Supervisor and other IT project managers to support transition of the financial system to a new data center.
Style sought: Hands on, approachable, constructive, delegator (where appropriate), supportive, accountable and takes initiative to remove barriers so support and project activities can be executed on time, within budget and within scope.
Specific job related activities include, but are not limited to the following:
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Provide SAP functional support to achieve SLA commitments.
- Analyze business and system problems and adapt business processes or develop SAP solutions to optimize the needs of functionality, implementation and cost maintenance.
- Provide leadership of key projects and initiatives by collaborating with Financial Department in development of SAP FI/CO solutions. Activities include collecting requirements from business owners, mapping business processes to standard solutions, identifying gaps and developing configuration and/or enhancements utilizing FI/CO, data validations, updating user security, chart of accounts and reporting structure.
- Provide production support by managing day to day system maintenance, trouble shooting and error correction. Activities include collaborating with IT partners by functionally testing system upgrades and performance for supported solutions, providing 7x24 support to application/technical problems through customer interactions, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Support SOX compliance as needed through process enhancement, documentation and alignment with overall Finance department philosophy.
- Develop functional specifications and coordinate development efforts aligned with standardized solutions to deliver fixes, implementation, integration and special projects.
- Coordinate Root Cause Analysis for key incidents.
- Develop estimates for service requests.
- Participate in integrated testing and user acceptance of developed software.
- Champion processes & methodology standards and promote ongoing process improvements.
- Develop, support and/or participate in user training.
- Occasional travel may be required as business needs dictate.
- Bachelor�s degree in Computer Science/IT or Accounting with related work experience.
- 7 to 10 years� experience with configuration, design & implementation of SAP solutions using SAP ECC FI & CO modules including;
- General Ledger - Chart of Accounts, G/L Master Data and Company Code Setup, Document types and document posting functions (including validations and substitutions), New General Ledger functionality including Document Splitting and Parallel Ledgers, Parallel currencies, currency revaluation and transactions
- Accounts Payable & Receivable - Customer Master Setup, Customer Invoice and Cash Posting, Vendor Master Setup, Integration with MM (Account Determination, GR/IR posting, Invoice Verification), Payment program Setup
- Controlling - Cost Center & Profit Center Accounting
- Reporting - Knowledge of Report Painter would be preferred
- Demonstrated high quality oral and written communication skills with ability to build good working relationships with all personnel.
- Ability to successfully interact with senior management, business owners, external suppliers and technical staff.
- Organize and prioritize workload and function independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience in delivering SAP full cycle financial implementations including process analysis, configuration, functional specs, testing, documentation, training development and delivery and end user support.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivator with good organizational and time management skills.
- Experienced Excel, PowerPoint and Word user.
- Ability to devise creative technical solutions.
- Experience and knowledge of general Logistics business functions.
- Willing to provide training for strong IT analyst with financial system experience who desires to build this new skill set.