Test Engineer (65TL) Bothell, Washington
Verathon™ - Test Engineer
Verathon has an exciting opportunity in our New Product Development group for a Test Engineer. The Test Engineer will be responsible for executing test plans in accordance with established development and department procedures to insure the production of quality web and device based products. This is an experienced level position for an Engineer of 2 to 5 years of experience.
Verathon is a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Industries, an acquisitive S&P 500 and NYSE listed diversified growth company. Verathon is headquartered in the greater Seattle area, in Bothell, Washington, and has 7 international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia. The company designs, manufactures, distributes and markets reliable, state-of-the-art medical devices and services to the health care community that offer meaningful improvement in patient care. Our largest brands, BladderScan and GlideScope, have achieved worldwide recognition as the number one leader in their respective markets. Verathon is a financially sound company with consistent growth and performance even during down market cycles. We have a strong pipeline of new products for multiple areas of discipline within the heath care industry.
· Define & design product and system tests for a variety of medical products.
· Review product documentation and implementation to assess risks and liabilities in the product.
· Participate in requirements and specification reviews through design, implementation, testing, verification and validation phases.
· Develop efficient test plans and test cases to verify the product implementation meets requirements and minimizes risks or liabilities.
· Execute and report on test passes.
· Characterize and then prioritize issues found in test passes.
· Use Team Foundation Server to manage test cases and problem reports.
· Requires close interaction and participation with a team of both software and hardware developers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· BSCS, BSEE, other technical degree or equivalent (i.e. Math, Physics) required
· 2-5 years of experience testing and validating commercial software and/or hardware or medical devices
· Experience with designing medical devices under FDA Design control preferred
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong problem solving skills
· Excellent work ethic and takes responsibility for activities
· Strong investigative talents and associated initiative
· Experience with MS Word or similar
· Experience with MS Excel preferred
· Experience with PCs and Windows technology, experience with iOS/mobile/Linux a plus
· Experience with at least one modern programming preferred
· Ability to work in a team or individually
· Authorized to work in the United States
Verathon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success.