Senior Mechanical Engineer (66TL) Bothell, Washington
Verathon™ - Senior Mechanical Engineer
Verathon has an exciting opportunity in our New Product Development group for a Senior Mechanical Engineer. This position will be responsible for critical hardware & system development in support of our latest medical devices and products. This experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer is expected to work with the team to provide technical acumen and development for a variety of technologies.
A commitment to program goals and professional demeanor are essential.
Our New Product Development group is dynamic and provides a broad range of opportunities to work with a variety of technologies. Prototyping is a core component of our development process.
Verathon is a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Industries, an acquisitive S&P 500 and NYSE listed diversified growth company. Verathon is headquartered in the greater Seattle area, in Bothell, Washington, and has 7 international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia. The company designs, manufactures, distributes and markets reliable, state-of-the-art medical devices and services to the health care community that offer meaningful improvement in patient care. Our largest brands, BladderScan and GlideScope, have achieved worldwide recognition as the number one leader in their respective markets. Verathon is a financially sound company with consistent growth and performance even during down market cycles. We have a strong pipeline of new products for multiple areas of discipline within the health care industry.
· Planning, designing, prototyping, testing and qualification of mechanical designs for high-reliability and high-performance electronic medical devices
· Ad-hoc rapid prototype builds using a variety of materials and technologies
· Specify and recommend materials, finishes, & processes for mechanical parts and packaging
· Complete design documentation, including CAD models, BOM’s and part specifications
· Complete manufacturing solution including tooling documentation, assembly instructions, assembly tooling, and acceptance test criteria.
· Plan and/or participate in design reviews
· Specify and manage tool development for injection molding
· Design, develop, and improve mechanical assemblies. Knowledge of gear systems a plus.
· Work closely with other development disciplines to develop complex medical products.
· Participate as a member of team and contribute to the overall system design of new products
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· BSME or MSME (ABET Accredited) required.
· 7+ Years as a Mechanical Engineer prefer 3+ years developing medical products.
· Hands on lab experience including building prototypes
· Familiar with MS Office, Solid Works (or equivalent) required.
· Experience designing rugged and reliable products required
· Experience with full product lifecycle from concept through production required
· Experience in tolerance and fit analysis required
· Knowledge of FDA, GMP, IEC, and ISO regulations and guidelines preferred.
· Experience with specifying biocompatible materials a plus
· Experience with thermal analysis and management preferred
· Detail oriented, methodical, well organized, and interested in the latest technology.
· Results oriented.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong commitment to meeting customer needs.
· Good “team player” with strong interpersonal skills.
· "Self-starter" who is highly motivated.
· Able to make independent judgments using sound engineering principles and techniques.
· Authorized to work in the United States.
Verathon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success.