Accounting Operations Manager (123) Bothell, Washington
Verathon is a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Industries, an acquisitive S&P 500 and NYSE listed diversified growth company. Verathon is headquartered in the greater Seattle area, in Bothell, Washington, and has 7 international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia. The company designs, manufactures, distributes and markets reliable, state-of-the-art medical devices and services that offer a meaningful improvement in patient care to the health care community. Our largest brands, Bladderscan and Glidescope, have achieved worldwide recognition as the number one leader in their respective markets. Verathon is a financially sound company with consistent growth and performance even during down market cycles. We have a strong pipeline of new products for multiple areas of discipline within the heath care industry.
We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Verathon gives you access to challenging, “stretch” opportunities. Verathon was acquired by Roper Industries in December 2009 as a platform for future acquisitions leveraging the talented management team and excellent channel development in developed country markets.
We are seeking a talented Accounting Operations Manager to work in a fast-paced, high tech, manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate will play a key role within the leadership of the organization with experience in change management, and will be an advocate for continuous improvement. This position requires an innovative individual with the willingness to drive change, an ability to take calculated risks, excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse group of associates and in cross functional teams and international cultures.
Oversee accounting operations team using metrics-driven management tools and process improvement projects to drive excellent business results and to develop team capabilities. Implement improved reporting and continuous improvement of working capital metrics such as DSO (Days Sales Outstanding). Manage ad hoc projects as needed.
Manage Accounting Operations Team (50%)
- Oversee accounting operations team driving metrics-driven performance improvements to drive excellent working capital performance.
- Responsible for accurate and timely Invoicing, processing of Credit Memos and application of cash; effective credit control and customer collections.
- Manage team of 5 accounting professionals including exempt and non-exempt individuals. Create and maintain a strong teaming atmosphere, cross training and a strong relationship with order entry and operations teams.
- Develop interpersonal and technical skills of the accounting team including applying continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean Manufacturing concepts.
Accounting Excellence (25%)
- Monitor and ensure robust internal controls environment in accounting operations transactional areas and adherence to company accounting policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance to all levels of management related to their teams’ contributions to working capital performance.
- Liaison to internal and external auditors as needed. Ensure successful audits in relation to accounting ops, with no financial impact or other major findings.
Other Duties (25%):
- Design, develop, recommend, and implement (where appropriate) plans to improve accounting operating processes at our Bothell based HQ location.
- Partner with Sales & Use Tax vendor, providing accurate source information & review of prepared returns prior to filing.
- Provide assistance and/or training to foreign subsidiaries.
- Prepare reporting and analysis on accounting operations metrics including but not limited to DSO, invoice aging buckets and bad debt expenses.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Management.
- 5+ years of directly related accounting/finance experience showing progression of responsibilities and leadership.
- Strong business acumen and leadership skills.
- Ability to set goals for their team to align with organizational needs. Experience managing a team to achieve transactional and accuracy goals and drive business results.
- Ability to manage projects while still focusing on day-to-day team responsibilities.
- Experience working in accounting/finance in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Motivated, self-starter; promotes positive attitude with ability to influence others.
- Results oriented — gets things done.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization and an ability to influence management decision making required.Ability to develop strong partnership/teambuilding relationships with all functional areas.
- Experience applying continuous improvement concepts required. Proven ability to identify and implement process improvements. We are looking for creativity and a can-do attitude as well as the ability to work cross functionally.
- Experience applying Lean Manufacturing concepts in accounting or finance departments desired. Experience applying Lean in a factory setting also valued even if not applied to accounting or finance processes.
- Proficiency in MS Office required, particularly with Excel.
Verathon offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package to full-time employees including company sponsored health plan, 401k with match, wellness and tuition reimbursement and the advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Verathon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success.