Senior Financial Analyst (140) Bothell, Washington
Senior Financial Analyst - Verathon®
Verathon® seeking a talented Senior Financial Analyst to work in our fast-paced, high tech, manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate will play a key role within the FP&A team and will be an advocate for continuous improvement of processes and forecast accuracy. This position requires an innovative individual with the willingness to drive change, an ability to take calculated risks, excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse group of associates and in cross-functional teams and international cultures. The position is based in our Bothell, WA headquarters.
This position is responsible for providing financial planning, reporting and analysis of Verathon Inc. and all of its subsidiaries. The Senior Financial Analyst will be a key member of the team performing analysis and identifying and driving process improvements to enhance the long-term profitability and growth of the company. Position reports to the Senior Financial Manager, FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis)
- Analyze trends and anticipate business operating performance; make recommendations to management to solve unfavorable trends and close gaps to targets.
- Evaluate product margins and track business critical financial measures.
- Develop and maintain key financial reports; price analysis, department expense variances, daily sales report, working capital metrics, and other ad-hoc analyses.
- Manage commission accruals and payments. Forecast, analyze trends, and assist in quota creation and comp plan development.
- Serve as the administrator for our Essbase environment. Manage daily/monthly updates, create additional rollups as required, train new employees, maintain admin and user guides.
- Support the quarterly forecasting and annual planning process including providing guidance to department owners on their budgets, designing Essbase templates for gross margin and expenses, preparing review materials for Roper, and other support to the VP Finance and Dir. FP&A.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline, plus 5+ years of directly related accounting/finance experience. MBA, CMA, CPA or Masters degree in Accounting a plus.
- Ability to perform diverse and highly complex financial activities with monitored end results.
- Experience working in accounting/finance in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Comfortable with adjusting to changes in work environment, working under pressure with a sense of urgency, and meeting tight deadlines. Adept at prioritizing work and coordinating tasks simultaneously.
- Motivated, self-starter; promotes positive attitude with ability to influence others. Results oriented — gets things done.
- Ability to prepare and present complex data in a simple, understandable manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analysis skills, with ability to apply good judgment to business planning and commercial matters.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees/customers and align and integrate with other departments and locations. Ability to develop strong partnership/teambuilding relationships with all functional areas.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Experience with ERP packages and multidimensional databases (Essbase a plus); Advanced Excel user.
Verathon is a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Industries, an acquisitive S&P 500 and NYSE listed diversified growth company. Verathon is headquartered in the greater Seattle area, in Bothell, Washington, and has 7 international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia. The company designs, manufactures, distributes and markets reliable, state-of-the-art medical devices and services to the health care community that offer meaningful improvement in patient care. Our largest brands, BladderScan and GlideScope, have achieved worldwide recognition as the number one leader in their respective markets. Verathon is a financially sound company with consistent growth and performance even during down market cycles. We have a strong pipeline of new products for multiple areas of discipline within the health care industry.
Verathon was acquired by Roper Industries (US Ticker symbol ROP) in December 2009 as a platform for future acquisitions leveraging the talented management team and extraordinary channel development in developed country markets.
Verathon offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package to full-time employees including company sponsored health plan, 401k with match, wellness and tuition reimbursement and the advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Verathon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success.