Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer (91TL) Bothell, Washington
Verathon™ - Manufacturing Mechanical Engineer
Verathon has an exciting opportunity in our Manufacturing Engineering group for a Mechanical Engineer. This position will be responsible for troubleshooting hardware & system issues in support of our sustaining medical devices and products as well as supporting new product introduction. This experienced Electrical Engineer is expected to work cross functionally to reduce defects, scrap, cycle time, and increase yields.
Our Manufacturing Engineering group is dynamic and provides a broad range of opportunities to work with a variety of technologies.
Verathon is a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Industries, an acquisitive S&P 500 and NYSE listed diversified growth company. Verathon is headquartered in the greater Seattle area, in Bothell, Washington, and has 7 international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia. The company designs, manufactures, distributes and markets reliable, state-of-the-art medical devices and services to the health care community that offer meaningful improvement in patient care. Our largest brands, BladderScan and GlideScope, have achieved worldwide recognition as the number one leader in their respective markets. Verathon is a financially sound company with consistent growth and performance even during down market cycles. We have a strong pipeline of new products for multiple areas of discipline within the health care industry.
· Support manufacturing solution including tooling documentation, assembly instructions, assembly tooling, and acceptance test criteria.
· participate in design reviews
· Test and identify root cause and implement corrective actions for high-reliability and high-performance electronic medical devices
· Develop and implement standard work through lean methodologies
· Collaborate with cross functional teams to reduce defects and implement new products
· Propose and enter Engineering Change Notices and work with Design Engineering to implement and validate changes
· Assist with new product development validation and verification through in house and third party testing
· Assist with new product development transfer to production
· Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
· Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
· Lead projects to improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout by employing lean methodologies.
· Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
· Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Maintain product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· BSME or MSME (ABET Accredited) required.
· 7+ Years as a Mechanical Engineer prefer 3+ years developing medical products.
· Lean training and project leadership
· Strong IPC 610 Knowledge
· Hands on lab experience including building prototypes
· Familiar with MS Office, Solid Works (or equivalent) required.
· Experience designing rugged and reliable products required
· Experience with full product lifecycle from concept through production required
· Experience in tolerance and fit analysis required
· Knowledge of FDA, GMP, IEC, and ISO regulations and guidelines preferred.
· Experience with specifying biocompatible materials a plus
· Experience with thermal analysis and management preferred
· Detail oriented, methodical, well organized, and interested in the latest technology.
· Results oriented.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong commitment to meeting customer needs.
· Good “team player” with strong interpersonal skills.
· "Self-starter" who is highly motivated.
· Able to make independent judgments using sound engineering principles and techniques.
· Authorized to work in the United States.
Verathon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success.