Payroll Analyst (99TL) Bothell, Washington
Verathon is a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Industries, an acquisitive S&P 500 and NYSE listed diversified growth company. Verathon is headquartered in the greater Seattle area, in Bothell, Washington, and has 7 international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia. The company designs, manufactures, distributes and markets reliable, state-of-the-art medical devices and services that offer a meaningful improvement in patient care to the health care community. Our largest brands, Bladderscan and Glidescope, have achieved worldwide recognition as the number one leader in their respective markets. Verathon is a financially sound company with consistent growth and performance even during down market cycles. We have a strong pipeline of new products for multiple areas of discipline within the healthcare industry.
We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Verathon gives you access to challenging, “stretch” opportunities. Verathon was acquired by Roper Industries in December 2009 as a platform for future acquisitions leveraging the talented management team and excellent channel development in developed country markets.
We are seeking a talented Payroll Specialist to work in a fast-paced, high tech, manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate will play a key role within the accounting organization and will be an advocate for continuous improvement. This position requires an innovative individual capable of handling high volumes of transactions with speed and accuracy, a willingness to drive change, excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse group of associates and in cross-functional teams and international cultures.
This position is responsible for the management of Verathon’s domestic multi-state payroll function, commission calculations for our USA sales team, systems auditing, ADP account management, trouble shooting, report generation, and corporate-wide special projects as needed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure payroll and commissions calculations are processed accurately and timely each pay cycle. .
- Prepare all payroll and commissions journal entries and account reconciliations monthly ensuring all reconciling items are researched and cleared timely.
- Prepare commissions earnings. Including calculations and testing system generated calculations to ensure accuracy and reasonableness of earnings.
- Researching and responding to inquiries and request from sales and other functions about commissions, discounts or bookings.
- Identify and lead projects/opportunities to improve or automate work that will result in more accurate payments.
- Design and develop analyses to identify drivers and trends of commission earnings.
- Partner with HR to ensure payroll notifications have proper approvals. Inputs authorized changes and new hire enrollments into system.
- Compile timekeeping data for non-exempt personnel.
- Monitor and reconcile paid time off (PTO) and sick balances.
- Manage requests for employment verifications.
- Generate manual checks and post one-off transactions/adjustments as-needed.
- Submit 401k contributions each pay cycle. Manage and participate in various audits.
- Review all payroll tax returns for propriety and prepare & file returns not handled by the payroll provider.
- Ensure all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Respond timely and professionally to all internal inquiries and external reference requests.
- Manage employee ADP Portal access.
- Monitor and interpret all new legislation impacting payroll.
- Assist in company efforts in improving and/or automation of payroll-related processes.
- Prepare payroll-related reports and analysis for Accounting and HR as needed.
- Support all external and internal audits related to payroll.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Proficiency in relevant payroll and accounting software. ADP experience is a plus
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality is critical.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Professional, yet personal demeanor and strong customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and address issues with a sense of urgency.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Word as well as automated accounting programs.
- Knowledge of applicable local, state and federal rules and laws.
- Basic understanding of GAAP is preferred.
- Proven track record of strong team orientation and communication skills.
- Requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Certified Payroll Professional designation preferred.
- Four plus years of payroll experience with a non-exempt and sales population environment. Multi-state payroll experience is highly preferred.
Verathon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success.