Senior Financial Analyst (Business Unit) (132) Bothell, Washington
Finance Manager (Business Unit) - Verathon®
Verathon® is seeking a skilled Finance Manager to work in a fast-paced, high tech, manufacturing environment. The Finance Manager will play a key role within the leadership of a Business Unit by utilizing their business acumen and financial expertise to help drive financial results and strategic initiatives. This position requires an innovative individual with the willingness to drive change, an ability to take calculated risks, and have the interpersonal skills to work with a diverse group of associates in cross functional teams and international cultures. Excellent communication skills and the ability to appropriately use influence to get things done in a matrix environment will be key success drivers. The position is based in Bothell, Washington.
The Finance Manager is responsible for driving all activities related to financial planning, reporting, and analysis of the business unit. This position will report to the FP&A Director and will be a valued consultant to the Business Unit VP (dotted line report). The role will drive both commercial and expense analysis of the business unit, impacting our decisions and financial success. In addition, the Finance Manager will analyze all new product/market opportunities to ensure the optimization of investments and therefore enhancement of long-term financial success by all measures including growth, profitability, working capital and cash flow.
- Partner closely with the Business Unit VP to provide financial leadership on all aspects of the business unit. This will include all commercial aspects of the business, cost analyses, and various special projects, as well as driving business results in both P&L and Balance Sheet performance.
- Partner with functional leaders (primarily R&D, Marketing) to provide financial support to their organizations.
- Work closely with worldwide sales organizations on revenue forecasts and ASP analyses for the business unit.
- Analyze trends and anticipate business operating performance; make recommendations to management to solve unfavorable trends and close gaps to targets. Examples include growth, product vitality, large orders, price performance, product margins, SG&A spending, and balance sheet trends.
- In concert with the worldwide process set forth by the FP&A Director, drive annual budget planning process in the business unit. Hold business reviews, communicate with leadership and prepare presentation materials for Verathon corporate review.
- Provide timely and thorough quarterly financial forecasts highlighting key issues influencing performance to goals.
- Partner with the Sr. Finance Manager and the EMEA Finance Manager to champion process improvement projects, implement standard analyses, and drive positive changes throughout the finance and accounting functions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned including support on non-business unit projects when needed by the FP&A Director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline plus 5+ years of directly related accounting/finance experience. MBA, CMA, CPA or Masters degree in Accounting preferred.
- Perform diverse and highly complex financial activities with monitored end results. Must have strong analysis skills with ability to apply good judgment to business planning and commercial matters.
- Experience working in accounting/finance in a manufacturing environment required.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, having to adjust to changes in work environment, working under pressure with a sense of urgency, and meeting tight deadlines.
- Adept at prioritizing work and coordinating tasks simultaneously with ability to handle multiple projects/deliverables.
- Excels at communication up, down and across to peers in the organization. Ability to develop strong partnership/teambuilding relationships with all functional areas in a matrix organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Strong business acumen with ability to strategize.
- Intellectually curious with a desire to get to the business drivers behind the numbers.
- Motivated, self-starter; promotes positive attitude with ability to influence others. Results oriented — gets things done.
- High level of Integrity in dealing with information of a sensitive nature
- Persistent with a seasoned touch. Ability to pace change due to organization ability – experience with change management a large plus.
- Strong vision for future growth and able to plan for a path to maturation.
- Ability to prepare and present complex data in a simple, understandable manner. Must be able to educate non-financial managers so they can exhibit strong financial decision making and perform at their best.
- Experience applying Lean Manufacturing concepts in administrative processes desired. Use of lean concepts in a factory setting also valued even if not applied to accounting or finance processes.
- Experience with ERP packages and multidimensional databases; Excellent in Excel and proficient in Powerpoint applications.
Verathon is a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Industries, an acquisitive S&P 500 and NYSE listed diversified growth company. Verathon is headquartered in the greater Seattle area, in Bothell, Washington, and has 7 international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia. The company designs, manufactures, distributes and markets reliable, state-of-the-art medical devices and services to the health care community that offer meaningful improvement in patient care. Our largest brands, BladderScan and GlideScope, have achieved worldwide recognition as the number one leader in their respective markets. Verathon is a financially sound company with consistent growth and performance even during down market cycles. We have a strong pipeline of new products for multiple areas of discipline within the health care industry.
Verathon was acquired by Roper Industries (US Ticker symbol ROP) in December 2009 as a platform for future acquisitions leveraging the talented management team and extraordinary channel development in developed country markets.
Verathon offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package to full-time employees including company sponsored health plan, 401k with match, wellness and tuition reimbursement and the advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Verathon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success.