Software Engineer (212) Bothell, Washington
Verathon® is looking for a Junior Software Engineer to become the newest member of the New Product Development Team located in our Bothell, WA headquarters. This role is part of our Agile team, responsible for implementing software designs and changes for new and existing products. As a Junior Software Engineer you will be actively engaged in developing high quality, reliable, medical device software that meet market needs. Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Implement software designs and unit tests to that show the code meets requirements.
- Assist with documentation for requirement, risk, and task management.
- Develop and write basic software specifications.
- Define, Architect, design, and implement smaller-scope features of product and test applications.
- Develop software for PC and embedded devices in Windows and Linux environments.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science from an accredited school.
- Experience developing software in a team environment.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and development.
- Strong programming and algorithm skills.
- Knowledge of programming in C++, C and/or C#.
- Strong commitment to meeting customer needs.
- Strong technical foundation in C++, C.
- Good software development process understanding.
Verathon is a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Industries, an acquisitive S&P 500 and NYSE listed diversified growth company. Verathon is headquartered in the greater Seattle area, in Bothell, Washington, and has 7 international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia. The company designs, manufactures, distributes and markets reliable, state-of-the-art medical devices and services to the health care community that offer meaningful improvement in patient care. Our largest brands, BladderScan and GlideScope, have achieved worldwide recognition as the number one leader in their respective markets. Verathon is a financially sound company with consistent growth and performance even during down market cycles. We have a strong pipeline of new products for multiple areas of discipline within the health care industry.
Verathon was acquired by Roper Industries (US Ticker symbol ROP) in December 2009 as a platform for future acquisitions leveraging the talented management team and extraordinary channel development in developed country markets.
Verathon offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package to full-time employees including company sponsored health plan, 401k with match, wellness and tuition reimbursement and the advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Verathon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success.