Global Learning and Development Manager (97TL) Bothell, Washington
Verathon - Organizational Development Manager
Verathon is a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Industries, an acquisitive S&P 500 and NYSE listed diversified growth company. Verathon is headquartered in the greater Seattle area, in Bothell, Washington, and has 7 international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia. The company designs, manufactures, distributes and markets reliable, state-of-the-art medical devices and services to the health care community that offer meaningful improvement in patient care. Our largest brands, BladderScan and GlideScope, have achieved worldwide recognition as the number one leader in their respective markets. Verathon is a financially sound company with consistent growth and performance even during down market cycles. We have a strong pipeline of new products for multiple areas of discipline within the heath care industry.
Verathon was acquired by Roper Industries (US Ticker symbol ROP) in December 2009 as a platform for future acquisitions leveraging the talented management team and extraordinary channel development in developed country markets.
We are seeking an experienced Organizational Development Manager to lead our global learning and development and talent management initiatives. Based out of our headquarters in Bothell, this individual will serve as a strategic business partner to our management team and own the development of our training, management excellence, talent review, and high potential programming. This is a wonderful opportunity for a seasoned OD professional who wants to create the fundamentals of a lasting development program for a growing organization in the medical industry.
Training Initiatives (35% of responsibilities)
- Develop job related training and learning activities for global population consisting of manufacturing, customer service, marketing, finance, quality, engineering, logistics, and sales employees.
- Upgrade existing in-job training programming for team members in coordination with management.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with FDA standards regarding training initiatives.
- Develop on-line learning management system to track completion of global training initiatives.
- Develop both in-class and online training solutions for global population.
Developmental Initiatives (35% of responsibilities)
- Create management excellence developmental programs to upgrade managerial capability across global management population.
- Create metrics designed to track productivity of development initiatives.
- Lead global LEAN training initiatives to senior leadership designed to increase efficiencies across all disciplines in organization.
- Led periodic team designed development initiatives to increase team building and employee engagement across a targeted population.
- Build “Verathon University” as a recognized brand across developmental activities.
Talent Management (20% of responsibilities)
- Build framework for global people review strategy in cooperation with executive team talent management participation.
- Establish succession planning activities for key roles across global population.
- Provide framework for global talent movement of high potential population across organization.
- Develop career management philosophy and structure to build robust career planning discussions for managers with talent across disciplines within organization.
- Integrate talent management philosophies into annual review cycle and executive leadership team rhythms.
High Potential Programming (10% of responsibilities)
- Develop framework for selection and programmatic development of enrichment activities for top talent within organization.
- Ensure framework identified for selection of talent to program consistent across geographies and functions. Streamline process into People Review mechanics.
- Partner with recruitment to acquire talent from leading academic institutions and create rotational programs for new talent.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 7-10 years of learning and development experience in a global organization.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing and sales environment is preferred.
- Experience having built OD programs is strongly preferred with demonstrated track record of success.
- Excellent capability to understand business need and adapt process to support organizational imperatives is a must.
- Excellent listening and presentation skills are required.
- Prior experience at both a large global and smaller environment is preferred.
- Must have the ability to develop relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Must have excellent business acumen and ability to establish an HR agenda to enable business growth.
- An individual who has a positive team orientation, strong work ethic, and excellent verbal & written communication skills is desired.
- Travel needs to be approximately 10-20%.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver results within established timeframes is a must.
- Must have relevant college degree. Advanced degree/ MBA would be a plus.
- Great sense of humor and willingness to love what they do every day is required.
Verathon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success.