Finance Manager (122) Bothell, Washington
Finance Manager - Verathon®
Verathon® is seeking a skilled Finance Manager to work in a fast-paced, high tech, manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate will play a key role within the leadership of the organization by utilizing their experience in change management and advocacy for continuous improvement. This position requires an innovative individual with the willingness to drive change, an ability to take calculated risks, excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse group of associates in cross functional teams and international cultures.
The Finance Manager is responsible for driving all activities related to planning and forecasting. This position will report to the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis and will be a valued consultant to the Director, FP&A and CFO. The role will partner with several members of the executive staff to provide financial support to their areas of responsibility.
- Drive worldwide annual budget planning process including developing guidance, holding business reviews, communicating with leadership and preparation of presentation materials for Roper corporate review.
- Provide timely and thorough quarterly financial forecasts highlighting key issues influencing performance to goals.
- Analyze trends and anticipate business operating performance; make recommendations to management to solve unfavorable trends and close gaps to targets. Examples include growth, product vitality, large orders, price performance, product costing and margins, factory variances, SG&A spending, and balance sheet trends.
- Partner with functional leaders to provide financial support to their organizations.
- Lead team projects to further develop the Essbase environment, including the development of business units P&Ls and the Essbase upgrade project when new ERP system is in place.
- Develop standard flux analyses for use by all Controllers and finance staff across the globe to drive finance team to common analytical measures.
- Manage and develop Financial Analyst, including annual objective setting, performance reviews, coaching, training, and prioritization of tasks/projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline, plus 7-10 years of directly related accounting/finance experience. MBA, CMA, CPA or Masters degree in Accounting preferred.
- Managerial experience required, at least 2 years strongly preferred.
- Perform diverse and highly complex financial activities with monitored end results. Must have strong analysis skills with ability to apply good judgment to business planning and commercial matters.
- Experience working in accounting/finance in a manufacturing environment required.
- Comfortable with having to adjust to changes in work environment, work under pressure with a sense of urgency, and meet tight deadlines. Adept at prioritizing work and coordinating tasks simultaneously.
- Excels at communication up, down and across to peers in the organization. Ability to develop strong partnership/teambuilding relationships with all functional areas. Must be able to work independently and with limited direction upon occasion. Must have both strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Motivated, self-starter; promotes positive attitude with ability to influence others. Results oriented — gets things done.
- Persistent with a seasoned touch. Ability to pace change due to organization ability – experience with change management a large plus.
- Strong vision for future growth and able to plan for a path to maturation.
- Ability to prepare and present complex data in a simple, understandable manner. Must be able to educate non-financial managers so they can exhibit strong financial decision making and perform at their best.
- Experience with ERP packages and multidimensional databases; Excellent in Excel and proficient in Powerpoint applications.
Verathon is a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Industries, an acquisitive S&P 500 and NYSE listed diversified growth company. Verathon is headquartered in the greater Seattle area, in Bothell, Washington, and has 7 international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia. The company designs, manufactures, distributes and markets reliable, state-of-the-art medical devices and services to the health care community that offer meaningful improvement in patient care. Our largest brands, BladderScan and GlideScope, have achieved worldwide recognition as the number one leader in their respective markets. Verathon is a financially sound company with consistent growth and performance even during down market cycles. We have a strong pipeline of new products for multiple areas of discipline within the heath care industry.
Verathon was acquired by Roper Industries (US Ticker symbol ROP) in December 2009 as a platform for future acquisitions leveraging the talented management team and extraordinary channel development in developed country markets.
Verathon offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package to full-time employees including company sponsored health plan, 401k with match, wellness and tuition reimbursement and the advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Verathon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success.