Senior Buyer (120) Bothell, Washington
Senior Buyer - Verathon®
Verathon® is looking for a Senior Buyer to become the newest member of our Global Materials Team located in our Bothell, WA headquarters.
The Senior Buyer is responsible for the planning and procurement of materials, parts, equipment, and supplies that are necessary to meet forecasted and MRO needs. This position will generate MRP reports and plans. The Senior Buyer will monitor inventory levels, usage history and set safety stock levels. This position has extensive interaction with Quality Assurance, Engineering and New Product Development, Materials/Logistics, Customer Service, and Incoming Receiving.
- Solicit requests for quotations from suppliers. Analyze quotation responses and make recommendations for procurement decisions.
- Place purchase orders with supplier(s) for materials and track delivery dates to ensure on time delivery. Review purchase order content for assurance to Verathon’s requirements.
- Monitor inventory levels and reorder based on forecast, MRP and/or usage history.
- Generate MRP reports and plan material requirements accordingly. Support the ERP system as required.
- Negotiate pricing/deliveries to facilitate cost reduction programs.
- Be cognizant of current production material constraints, field failures, and customer complaints.
- Support the supplier selection and assessment process.
- Support the design and development process through participation in design reviews.
- Reconcile invoice discrepancies for related purchases.
- Monitor trends and generate metrics for On-Time Delivery, Purchase Price Variance (PPV), Inventory Turns, Usage History, and Supplier Report Cards.
- Ensure proper purchasing records and controls are maintained for compliance to ISO 13458 requirements.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor Degree (BA, BS).
- 5+ years procurement experience in a manufacturing/assembly environment (Medical Device experience preferred).
- ISM or APICS Certification preferred.
- Overall knowledge of supply chain practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of ISO 13458 compliance requirements preferred.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand drawings and critical dimensions.
- Detail oriented, good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficient user of MS/Office programs.
- Sound problem-solving and analytical capabilities.
- MRP/ERP knowledge and new system implementation desired.
Verathon is a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Industries, an acquisitive S&P 500 and NYSE listed diversified growth company. Verathon is headquartered in the greater Seattle area, in Bothell, Washington, and has 7 international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia. The company designs, manufactures, distributes and markets reliable, state-of-the-art medical devices and services to the health care community that offer meaningful improvement in patient care. Our largest brands, BladderScan and GlideScope, have achieved worldwide recognition as the number one leader in their respective markets. Verathon is a financially sound company with consistent growth and performance even during down market cycles. We have a strong pipeline of new products for multiple areas of discipline within the heath care industry.
Verathon was acquired by Roper Industries (US Ticker symbol ROP) in December 2009 as a platform for future acquisitions leveraging the talented management team and extraordinary channel development in developed country markets.
Verathon offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package to full-time employees including company sponsored health plan, 401k with match, wellness and tuition reimbursement and the advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Verathon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success.