Senior Accountant (78TL) Bothell, Washington
Verathon is a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Industries, an acquisitive S&P 500 and NYSE listed diversified growth company. Verathon is headquartered in the greater Seattle area, in Bothell, Washington, and has 7 international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia. The company designs, manufactures, distributes and markets reliable, state-of-the-art medical devices and services that offer a meaningful improvement in patient care to the health care community. Our largest brands, Bladderscan and Glidescope, have achieved worldwide recognition as the number one leader in their respective markets. Verathon is a financially sound company with consistent growth and performance even during down market cycles. We have a strong pipeline of new products for multiple areas of discipline within the heath care industry.
We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Verathon gives you access to challenging, “stretch” opportunities. Verathon was acquired by Roper Industries in December 2009 as a platform for future acquisitions leveraging the talented management team and excellent channel development in developed country markets.
We are seeking a talented Senior Accountant to work in a fast-paced, high tech, manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate will play a key role within the organization with experience in change management, and will be an advocate for continuous improvement. This position requires an innovative individual with the willingness to drive change, an ability to take calculated risks, excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse group of associates and in cross functional teams and international cultures.
This position is a key position in the global Verathon accounting team. Specifically, this position is responsible for leading general ledger duties for Verathon Inc. and and its subsidiaries. The Sr. Staff Accountant will provide leadership within the accounting team and throughout the organization to enhance the long-term profitability and growth of the company.
- Plan, organize, and perform accounting processes, policies and procedures related to all areas of the trial balance to ensure compliance to GAAP and Federal, State and local Tax codes.
· Responsible for revenue recognition and deferred revenue. Perform complex technical accounting research and documentation andpresent recommendations to the senior management.
- Responsible for performing monthly close process including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and financial analysis.
- Maintain the general ledger and subsidiary ledgers including the Chart of Accounts for Verathon Inc. and its subsidiaries.
- Perform various complex ad-hoc projects and analysis as needed.
- Independently lead cross-functional process improvement projects within HQ and Global subsidiaries.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and company accounting policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance and/or training to foreign subsidiaries as needed. Lead corporate tax requirements for HQ and Global subsidiaries.
- Develop and maintain key reports for reporting performance; key accounting liaison to IT for system problems or improvements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Management/Finance, plus 5-7 years of directly related accounting/finance experience. MBA,
· Ability to perform diverse and highly complex financial activities with monitored end results.
· Experience working in accounting/finance in a manufacturing environment a plus.
· Experience applying continuous improvement concepts required. Proven ability to identify and implement process improvements. We are looking for creativity and a can-do attitude as well as the ability to work cross functionally.
· Comfortable with having to adjust to changes in work environment, work under pressure with a sense of urgency, and meet tight deadlines. Adept at prioritizing work and coordinating tasks simultaneously.
· Motivated, self-starter; promotes positive attitude with ability to influence others. Results oriented — get things done.
· Ability to prepare and present complex data in a simple, understandable manner.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees/customers and align and integrate with other departments and locations. Ability to develop strong partnership/teambuilding relationships with all functional areas.
· Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
· Experience with ERP packages; Proficiency in Excel required.
Verathon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success.