Senior Electrical Engineer (68TL) Bothell, Washington
Verathon™ - Senior Electrical Engineer
Verathon has an exciting opportunity in our New Product Development group for a Senior Electrical Engineer. This position will be responsible for critical hardware & system development in support of our latest medical devices and products. This experienced Senior Electrical Engineer is expected to work with the team to provide technical acumen and development for a variety of technologies.
This senior developer should be comfortable with leading systems definition and integrating current technologies. A commitment to program goals and professional demeanor are essential.
Our New Product Development group is dynamic and provides a broad range of opportunities to work with a variety of technologies. Prototyping is a core component of our development process.
Verathon is a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Industries, an acquisitive S&P 500 and NYSE listed diversified growth company. Verathon is headquartered in the greater Seattle area, in Bothell, Washington, and has 7 international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia. The company designs, manufactures, distributes and markets reliable, state-of-the-art medical devices and services to the health care community that offer meaningful improvement in patient care. Our largest brands, BladderScan and GlideScope, have achieved worldwide recognition as the number one leader in their respective markets. Verathon is a financially sound company with consistent growth and performance even during down market cycles. We have a strong pipeline of new products for multiple areas of discipline within the health care industry.
· Research, plan, design, prototype, test, and debug high-reliability and high-performance electronic medical devices based on embedded and PC technology
· Design system architectures and complex custom signal processing instrumentation incorporating FPGAs and DSPs
· Develop custom mixed signal circuit designs
· Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop advanced solutions to medical problems
· Develop products that incorporate Design for Test & Design for Manufacture (DFT/DFM) concepts and comply with regulatory requirements
· Produce design documentation, including BOM’s and system specifications
· Assist with product validation and verification through in house and third party testing
· Assist with product transfer to production
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· BSEE required, relevant related advanced degrees will be considered
· 10+ Years as an Electrical or Electronics Engineer, 5+ years developing medical products preferred
o Must have mixed signal experience (analog and digital)
o Must have low voltage power supply design experience.
o Ultrasound experience preferred
· Expert at hands-on lab skills including prototyping, testing, and debugging.
· Expert with oscilloscopes, DVMs, spectrum analyzers, and other common electronic instruments
· Expert with Schematic Capture (OrCad or equivalent), MatLab, and other EE design tools
· Experience with signal processing, algorithm development, and data analysis preferred
· Programming experience using C and assembly language preferred
· Knowledge of FDA, IEC, and ISO regulations and guidelines preferred
· Detail oriented, methodical, well organized, and interested in the latest technology
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, good “team player”
· "Self-starter," highly motivated, strong commitment to meeting customer needs
· Able to make independent judgments using sound engineering principles and techniques
· Authorized to work in the United States
Verathon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success.