Senior Strategic Sourcing Specialist (119) Bothell, Washington
Senior Strategic Sourcing Specialist (S4) - Verathon®
Verathon® is looking for a Senior Strategic Sourcing Specialist (S4) to become the newest member of our Operations Team located in our Bothell, WA headquarters.
The Senior Strategic Sourcing Specialist (S4) will provide sourcing, commodity, and supply base management expertise to ensure that all aspects of the sourcing process meet Verathon’s quality, production, pricing, and corporate procurement requirements. The S4 will utilize Verathon’s established practices and processes as well as Verathon’s business and management philosophy to lead initiatives in supplier selection, cost reduction, new product sourcing development support, and other related sourcing activities.
- Provide sourcing support to New Product Development (NPD), Quality, Marketing, Finance, and Service in all stages of product development.
- Develop and maintain expertise in the supply base’s contemporary technology that can be utilized to upgrade existing products and can potentially be designed into new products.
- Develop strategies to source component parts at the lowest total acquisition cost.
- Conduct negotiations that lead to Manufacturing Services Agreements, Statements of Work, and Mutual Non-Disclosure Agreements, that are in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations within the guidelines of Verathon’s Policies and Procedures.
- Lead internal, supplier, and cross-functional teams on improvement and optimization projects.
- Lead and/or organize all necessary supplier audits including commercial, financial, and technical to ensure that Verathon maintains and continues to develop a robust and capable supply base that excels in minimum DPM, on-time delivery, and the lowest total cost of acquisition, in partnership with QA RA Quality Engineering, to maintain FDA 21 CFR compliance.
- Provide regular updates, reports, and metrics on cost improvements and new product development programs to management and purchasing staff.
- Solicit requests for quotations from suppliers as needed. Analyze quotation responses and make recommendations for procurement decisions.
- Manage performance expectations with suppliers.
- Maintain and improve Commodity Roadmaps.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor Degree (BA, BS) in related field required. MBA preferred
- ISM or APICS certification preferred.
- 5 or more years experience in purchasing/supply chain/sourcing.
- Experience in all aspects of sourcing including contract negotiations, commodity based materials management, project management, and commercial analysis, preferably in FDA 21 CFR Part 820 regulated industries and companies..
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Products utilization.
- Effective communicator and influence leader.
- Analytical and finance skills.
Verathon is a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Industries, an acquisitive S&P 500 and NYSE listed diversified growth company. Verathon is headquartered in the greater Seattle area, in Bothell, Washington, and has 7 international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia. The company designs, manufactures, distributes and markets reliable, state-of-the-art medical devices and services to the health care community that offer meaningful improvement in patient care. Our largest brands, BladderScan and GlideScope, have achieved worldwide recognition as the number one leader in their respective markets. Verathon is a financially sound company with consistent growth and performance even during down market cycles. We have a strong pipeline of new products for multiple areas of discipline within the heath care industry.
Verathon was acquired by Roper Industries (US Ticker symbol ROP) in December 2009 as a platform for future acquisitions leveraging the talented management team and extraordinary channel development in developed country markets.
Verathon offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package to full-time employees including company sponsored health plan, 401k with match, wellness and tuition reimbursement and the advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Verathon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success.