Grain Origination Sales Manager (221) Spencer, Iowa
|Salary:||USD80000 - USD120000 per year + commission|
Provide leadership and development to Ag Partners GFM and MSR employees to ensure the development of a sales and marketing strategy and culture within Ag Partners grain team. This will be accomplished by: 1. Developing the skills and abilities of the grain sales team; 2. Ensure sales and marketing tools and processes are implemented consistently within the grain sales team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
1. Sales Team Development
a. Provide coaching and development to the sales team, to include measurement, forecasting, and goal-setting processes. Ensure team achieves goals of the organization through gross margin of P & L with new and traditional products and services.
b. Provide leadership to the sales team regarding the sales systems and structures such that the model and structures are successfully integrated into the organization’s culture
2) Business Planning & Execution
a. Develop individual business plans for each grain sales team member.
b. Monitor execution of business plan and provide quarterly updates/forecast.
c. Key grower follow-up on grain call activity.
3) Sales Team Enhancement
a. Coordinate continuing education
b. Coordinate career development with GFM/MSR
- Consistently use the Ag Partners proven sales process to include:
- Minimum 3+ days per week making farm sales calls with team members.
- Planning and succesful execution of business and action plans.
- Quarterly Forecasting
- Manage relationships with key customers. Be accountable to ensure that customer intelligence is fed to the grain support staff.
- Develop relationships with key influencers in market area, i.e. farm managers, etc.
- Bring forth new product ideas for consideration by product management.
- Goals and Objectives
- Stive to achieve targeted ROI, while capturing profitble volume growth anually.
- Capitalize on unique market opportunties that differentiate Ag Partners.
- Maintain a balanced quality of life for all employee’s on team.
- Consistently use all other relevant policies, procedures and systems that include:
- Contact management.
- Manage travel and entertainment budget and comply with policy.
- Ag Partners established policies on margins.
- Work in a safe and efficent manner according to Ag Partners’ safety policy and guidelines.
- Work collaboratively with leadership team and other area leader’s to increase market penetration and marketshare
3+ years of proven experience in leading and developing high-performing teams. Demonstration of strong people management skills. Proven ability to work successfully within a team and form lasting relationships. Demonstrate superior communication skills, training and coaching skills. Strong product knowledge of marketing/risk management alternatives. Basic knowledge of grain trading functionality.