Database Administrator Senior, Oracle (4686BR) San Diego, California
We are CoreLogic – a leading provider of business information, analytics and outsourcing services. Together, we are a global company with proven experts in the areas where we work and are passionate about helping our clients succeed. More than one million users rely on CoreLogic to assess risk, support underwriting, investment and marketing decisions, prevent fraud, and improve business performance in their daily operations. No one else has such a vast repository of data, an advanced set of analytical models and a talented, diverse team of professionals.
We have the opportunity to drive innovation, cultivate insights and build unique solutions for our clients. We take pride in our workforce and believe in cultivating an atmosphere that supports and values our greatest asset: talent.
The Senior Database Admin, Oracle will design, develop, implement, install, and maintain enterprise level database systems in a multi-server environment. Manage multiple databases with complex interdependencies. Enterprise applications are often mission critical. Must be able to troubleshoot and correct database problems and to proactively maintain the health of database systems. Create backup/recovery utilities according to defined standards. Codes and implements stored procedures and triggers. Collaborate with the appropriate groups and cross functional teams to ensure that database systems meet business requirements. Actively mentor less experienced team members. May lead database projects or have responsibility for significant project deliverables. Troubleshoot a wide variety of complex problems and identifies solutions within broad application and functional expertise. Regularly recommend process improvements and best practices
- Design, implement, and maintain complex databases which may include access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation and statistical methods. Consult with and advise developers, researching options and technology, making recommendations for improvements and enhancements. May do database development.
- Create physical database design and implement required database technologies and functions following database standards and best practices. Responsible for integration of systems through database design.
- Create, support and maintain backup and recovery processes and systems. Ensure testing for backup and recovery. Design high availability, disaster recovery and backup recovery strategy.
- Troubleshoot a wide range of database problems with complex interdependencies and provide corrective action within an appropriate period of time.
- Plan and implement infrastructure build out and server storage migrations. Plan database upgrade process. Install, upgrade and configure database management system software.
- Occasionally acts a team leader for data/database intense projects, leading technical efforts. Develop project plans, communicate status, lead/facilitate meetings, coordinate project milestones. Projects can be short term or long term in nature and may be highly complex.
- Monitor capacity and performance and proactively resolve problems.
- Implement security and user provisioning according to defined standards and determine best method to satisfy security and compliance regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Certified Professional desired
- Oracle OCP Certification preferred
- Five to ten years of directly related experience
- Five years of experience working with Oracle
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle database management systems to install, upgrade, configure, design, develop, implement, secure, tune, monitor and maintain required database objects
- Other skills specific to Oracle knowledge: backup and recovery, Enterprise Manager, Data Guard, performance tuning and capacity planning, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of database design to produce sound logical and physical data models
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and coding techniques to code stored procedures and triggers
- Experience with varied forms of data design, such as online transaction processing, online analytical processing, data warehousing, operational data stores, and decision support systems
- Project management skills
- Research skills/knowledge of best practices
CoreLogic offers an empowered work environment that encourages creativity, initiative and professional growth and provides a competitive salary and benefits package. CoreLogic is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. We are fully committed to employing a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment that embraces everyone’s unique contributions, experiences and values. Please apply on our website for consideration.