Manager/Sr Manager, Market Development (US-MN57) Durham, North Carolina
Zoetis is seeking an individual to be responsible for “bringing to life” the market development strategies and plans for key new products by closely working with Regional Business operations to prepare and condition the market for new product launches.
- Strong strategic thinking ability with a futuristic viewpoint in developing potential segments of the market which are currently not served or underserved
- Marketing and brand development skills demonstrated from either performance in relevant course work or job experience
- Ability to understand the customer mindset and use the outputs of market research and other tools in the development of key messages
- Strong project management skills that will ensure the timely and effective completion of all plans that support product development
- Preferred knowledge of the global poultry marketplace and an ability to work with diverse markets together with the ability to tailor offerings to each
- Strong communication skills and teamwork aptitude with results orientation to accomplish objectives consistent with Zoetis Values and Leader
- Collaborate on and execute effective market development plans for key new brands and high value portfolio products two to three years prior to launch.
- Manage the development of brand character, positioning and pricing of new products. Work with marketing and communications agencies to develop and test appropriate messages.
- Develop and manage external communications to articulate the unmet need and clarify the value proposition of the product to key customer segments.
- Organize meetings with opinion leaders, practitioners and other related groups to lay groundwork for better positioning for the new product.
- Conduct late stage product valuations to support the product launch plans and product P&L, modeling different forecast scenarios to optimize launch execution.
- Develop global life-cycle plans for key portfolio products in cooperation with NPM strategic marketers, VMRD, PGM and operations for endorsement by senior management, including a Margin Improvement Plan (MIP) when appropriate
- Effectively communicate strategies, tactics and progress updates to senior management.
- Partner with each regional marketing organization to support new product launches in their regions
- Consult and collaborate with Poultry Veterinary Technical Staff and Business Development as needed for success.
- Preferred 3 - 7 years of Marketing/Market Developmen/Sales/Strategy experience
- Demonstrated experience in successful project managment
- Animal Health care industry knowledge
- Working knowledge of animal health products and the animal health industry a plus
- Preferred experience in biologicals marketing or development
- BS required. Advanced degree in relevant business area or MBA preferred
- Business travel of 20-35% is expected
Demonstrated competency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook programs.
Zoetis Global Job Level 090-1