Safety Specialist (Ferdinand, IN) (291300) Ferdinand, Indiana
Provide leadership for various aspects of industrial safety systems compliance for the Ferdinand, IN operations. Duties include but are not limited to; coordinating training to meet state and federal requirements, maintaining records, providing safety analyses of new equipment and process changes, assist in managing workers’ compensation claims, track injuries, review and make recommendations for safety improvements, coordinate safety and ergonomic inspections and conduct new hire safety orientation training. Regular shift hours may fluctuate to cover night shift operations when necessary.
Reports to Sr. Manager-Human Resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain understanding and knowledge of current federal, state, and company regulations and policies. Inform organization of changes and administer actions to maintain compliance.
• Perform job hazard analysis, system auditing, and ergonomic task analysis.
• Coordinate and conduct injury review process to determine and correct root cause.
• Conduct various training, inspections, recordkeeping, and reporting required for managing the environmental compliance programs.
• Assist in preparation of the Facility Safety Plan each year, review with the local management team, and direct its implementation.
• Lead and manage implementation of injury reduction efforts. Promote and drive “Zero Injury Culture” initiatives.
• Support the tracking, reporting, and interpretation of operational safety performance.
• Analyze new equipment and verify operator safety.
• Conduct safety training programs for all levels of operation.
• Provide leadership and support for the plant safety committees.
• Lead operation to world class safety and environmental practices.
• Assist organization by participating in special taskforce assignments and special projects.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and balance priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve results with efficiency and effectiveness.
• Dedicated and committed safety leadership and presence.
• Solid people skills with professional demeanor.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement policies, procedures, and practices desired.
• Functional and applicable knowledge of state and federal OSHA regulations.
• Certified in CPR and first aid.
Knowledge and Experience:
• General Safety and Risk Management experience required.
• Demonstrated ability to implement safety policies and practices.
• Knowledge of OSHA regulations.
• Good oral and written communications skills.
• Must have analytical reasoning and problem solving capabilities.
• Balanced approach to technical, business, and people aspects of business.
• BS degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Safety Engineering, or related field with significant experience in health and safety.
WE MAY NOT ALWAYS SIT DOWN TOGETHER, BUT WE STILL GATHER AROUND THE TABLE.... come home to MASTERBRAND.
At MasterBrand Cabinets, we understand the importance of working hard and living well. It’s our people-first company philosophy and the very foundation that allows top talent to feel valued and fulfilled. With annual revenue of more than $1 billion, we reward individual contribution, promote career mobility, and allow you to grow as we do. But, perhaps the best part of working at MasterBrand comes when you realize the people you work with have become the people you rely on, care for, and partner with at every turn. Discover what the heart of a great company can do for your future. Discover the people of MasterBrand.
MasterBrand Cabinets offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid holidays and vacations, 401k, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MBCI.
You will be contacted for an interview if MBCI believes you may be qualified for an open position(s). If you are made an offer of employment, the offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully completing: (1) a background check; and (2) a drug screen. In addition, prior to reporting to active employment, you will need to verify eligibility for employment in the United States.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Great People. Great Brands. Great Future.