Night Shift Superintendent (Ferdinand, IN (291271) Ferdinand, Indiana
Responsible for providing management and guidance to the Door Plant. Responsible for planning, monitoring, and scheduling of staff and work operations in a safe and efficient manner. Also responsible for employment decisions, reviews, and overall development of direct reports (Supervisors).
This position will report to the Production Manager – Door Plant.
• Providing leadership and continuous improvement to the team in the areas of quality, cost/productivity, delivery, and safety.
• Support MasterBrand Production System (MPS) including continuous improvement.
• Providing necessary resources and training, coaches/mentors associates on behavior relevant to MBCI values, policies, procedures, and performance standards.
• Works with other Superintendents and other Business Units to make facility process changes.
• Analyzing production schedules and estimates employee hour requirements and establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet production schedules.
• Assuring that OSHA and other safety and environmental regulations are met.
• Evaluating manufacturing process and give direction as needed. Ensures processes follow sound manufacturing practices.
• Developing and maintaining a working relationship with the manufacturing associates ensuring the adherence to MasterBrand Cabinets’ Four Basics & Five Traits.
• Recommending measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
• Suggesting changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of production department or work crew.
• Evaluating needs and requirements for new products or processes.
• Interprets and enforces company policies, rules, safety regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of three years experience in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated team participation and/or leadership and related continuous improvement successes.
• A sound working knowledge of lean manufacturing.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, delegation, and conflict resolution skills.
• Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Must be adaptable to change and have the ability/desire to make a difference.
• Ability to maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in manufacturing/operations management preferred.
WE MAY NOT ALWAYS SIT DOWN TOGETHER, BUT WE STILL GATHER AROUND THE TABLE.... come home to MASTERBRAND.
At MasterBrand Cabinets, we understand the importance of working hard and living well. It’s our people-first company philosophy and the very foundation that allows top talent to feel valued and fulfilled. With annual revenue of more than $1 billion, we reward individual contribution, promote career mobility, and allow you to grow as we do. But, perhaps the best part of working at MasterBrand comes when you realize the people you work with have become the people you rely on, care for, and partner with at every turn. Discover what the heart of a great company can do for your future. Discover the people of MasterBrand.
MasterBrand Cabinets offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid holidays and vacations, 401k, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MBCI.
You will be contacted for an interview if MBCI believes you may be qualified for an open position(s). If you are made an offer of employment, the offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully completing: (1) a background check; and (2) a drug screen. In addition, prior to reporting to active employment, you will need to verify eligibility for employment in the United States.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Great People. Great Brands. Great Future.