Continuous Improvement Manager-Decora' (291276) Jasper, Indiana
The Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for managing plant continuous improvement initiatives to reduce operating costs and improve manufacturing efficiencies. Duties include managing lean projects, Kaizen events, 5S activities, 3P events, and tracking CI reductions.
This position will report to the General Manager.
• Responsible for implementing and managing:
o Continuous improvement efforts / initiatives
o Lean manufacturing efforts / initiatives
o R&A reduction efforts / initiatives
o Scrap reduction efforts / initiatives
o Process improvement / quality improvement efforts
o Kaizen events
o 3P events
o 5S activities
• Assisting General Manager with strategic planning and goal setting
• Plant / Associate education & training in lean/CI techniques
• Documentation and tracking of CI cost reductions
• Monitoring production to assure efficiencies are maintained
• Performing miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Ability to drive and lead change in the organization
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within all levels of the organization
• Ability to maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities
• 5-8+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
• 5 years of CI/lean experience
• Six Sigma Black Belt highly desirable
• 2+ years of supervisory experience
• BS degree in manufacturing/operations management or equivalent experience.
• Advanced education in Lean manufacturing techniques preferred.
WE MAY NOT ALWAYS SIT DOWN TOGETHER, BUT WE STILL GATHER AROUND THE TABLE.... come home to MASTERBRAND.
At MasterBrand Cabinets, we understand the importance of working hard and living well. It’s our people-first company philosophy and the very foundation that allows top talent to feel valued and fulfilled. With annual revenue of more than $1 billion, we reward individual contribution, promote career mobility, and allow you to grow as we do. But, perhaps the best part of working at MasterBrand comes when you realize the people you work with have become the people you rely on, care for, and partner with at every turn. Discover what the heart of a great company can do for your future. Discover the people of MasterBrand.
MasterBrand Cabinets offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid holidays and vacations, 401k, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MBCI.
You will be contacted for an interview if MBCI believes you may be qualified for an open position(s). If you are made an offer of employment, the offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully completing: (1) a background check; and (2) a drug screen. In addition, prior to reporting to active employment, you will need to verify eligibility for employment in the United States.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Great People. Great Brands. Great Future.