Director MasterBrand Quality (291100) Jasper, Indiana
The Quality Director has a vital role to play in helping the business deploy the correct methods, tools, and processes to ensure that our Product Quality meets or exceeds our customers' expectations. This position also functions as the liaison between the customer and manufacturing, providing strategic direction, and establishing priorities as it relates to customer quality.
This position will report directly to the EVP – Operations.
Standardize quality approach including:
• Quality Assurance
• Quality Control
• North Star Process
• Out of Box Kitchen Audit (OBKA)
• Hands On Corrective Action (HOCA)
Establish Quality Steering Team
Metrics & Quality Leadership
• Proactively monitor, measure and report performance in Key Quality Management Metrics
• Identify, prioritize, and ensure specific focus on opportunities in areas of business impact: Waste, Returns & Allowances, Customer Concerns, and Product Audits
• Work closely with Operations Leadership to maintain MBCI Quality strategy through MPS
• Coach and mentor Quality Managers with focus on leadership development and problem solving skills
• Serve as the liaison between quality/operations and marketing, sourcing, sales, and customer service
• Lead broad strategic initiatives including vetting out customer impact
• Drive closed loop corrective action and preventative action process
• Identify and share best practices across MBCI
• Create and maintain positive relationships with sales team members and customers
• Proactively measure and monitor quality performance with top customers
• Co-Owner of MBCI Standards and Specifications
• Ensure effective execution and administration of MBCI Business System, including – Facilitating Quarterly Management Reviews
• Developing and maintaining inspection and audit procedures for supplier and in-house quality
Best Practice benchmarking and sharing
Attributes & Characteristics:
• Demonstrated skills to drive change through inspiration and influence as opposed to direct reporting structure
• Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships. Executes with passion and enthusiasm.
• Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated professional development and coaching skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to effective deliver presentations to all levels of organization and customers
• Travel to manufacturing sites and customers required
Experience & Education:
• Highly developed problem solving and project management skills (Six Sigma Master Black Belt or Black Belt certification and lean manufacturing experience required)
• Advanced knowledge of ISO and/or QS based quality systems
• Minimum 7 years of experience as a Quality Manager or Continuous Improvement leadership role
• BS degree required
WE MAY NOT ALWAYS SIT DOWN TOGETHER, BUT WE STILL GATHER AROUND THE TABLE.... come home to MASTERBRAND.
At MasterBrand Cabinets, we understand the importance of working hard and living well. It’s our people-first company philosophy and the very foundation that allows top talent to feel valued and fulfilled. With annual revenue of more than $1 billion, we reward individual contribution, promote career mobility, and allow you to grow as we do. But, perhaps the best part of working at MasterBrand comes when you realize the people you work with have become the people you rely on, care for, and partner with at every turn. Discover what the heart of a great company can do for your future. Discover the people of MasterBrand.
MasterBrand Cabinets offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid holidays and vacations, 401k, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MBCI.
You will be contacted for an interview if MBCI believes you may be qualified for an open position(s). If you are made an offer of employment, the offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully completing: (1) a background check; and (2) a drug screen. In addition, prior to reporting to active employment, you will need to verify eligibility for employment in the United States.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Great People. Great Brands. Great Future.