Manufacturing Engineer (Ferdinand, IN) (291213) Ferdinand, Indiana
Create and coordinate the implementation of new or improved manufacturing processes. Be a key member of leadership driving MPS process improvements. Drive improvements through project management and team leadership.
This position will report to the Manufacturing Manager.
• Analyzes, develops, and recommends design approaches necessary to meet production requirements for new or improved products and/or processes.
• Lead projects using project management tools and techniques which result in quality, delivery, cost, and/or process improvements.
• Drive continuous improvement through analysis of processes and identification of improvement areas, then building business cases for potential work activity.
• Collect and analyze process data to understand process capabilities, tendencies, and trends.
• Act as an advocate for process associates by actively listening to concerns regarding processes and equipment, then working with management to make appropriate improvements.
• Work with floor supervision on both shifts to ensure processes and equipment are utilized per process/equipment design to ensure most stable and efficient process.
• Work with vendors and manufacturers of equipment to spec, improve or fully utilize equipment within the business unit.
• Act as the go to for the business unit for all technical or equipment concerns, questions, and actions.
• Be a key member of MPS improvement activities.
Skills and Abilities:
• Must be a team player with strong communication skills.
• Must have the ability to actively lead and participate in problem solving.
• Ability to maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Knowledge of Word, Lotus, and Excel beneficial.
• Two years experience within a manufacturing environment preferred.
• BS degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
WE MAY NOT ALWAYS SIT DOWN TOGETHER, BUT WE STILL GATHER AROUND THE TABLE.... come home to MASTERBRAND.
At MasterBrand Cabinets, we understand the importance of working hard and living well. It’s our people-first company philosophy and the very foundation that allows top talent to feel valued and fulfilled. With annual revenue of more than $1 billion, we reward individual contribution, promote career mobility, and allow you to grow as we do. But, perhaps the best part of working at MasterBrand comes when you realize the people you work with have become the people you rely on, care for, and partner with at every turn. Discover what the heart of a great company can do for your future. Discover the people of MasterBrand.
MasterBrand Cabinets offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid holidays and vacations, 401k, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MBCI.
You will be contacted for an interview if MBCI believes you may be qualified for an open position(s). If you are made an offer of employment, the offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully completing: (1) a background check; and (2) a drug screen. In addition, prior to reporting to active employment, you will need to verify eligibility for employment in the United States.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Great People. Great Brands. Great Future.