Senior Human Resources Generalist (Louisville, KY) (291189) Louisville, Kentucky
Responsible for basic generalist functions to include employee relations, employee on-boarding, policy development & implementation, benefit administration, hourly staffing functions, and hourly recruiting. Regular shift hours will fluctuate. Participates in employee conferences, disciplinary sessions, and performance reviews. Partner with local management team to achieve alignment, support, and consistency in effectively managing production and employee relations challenges within the facility. Assist in the creation and implementation of supervisory development programs. Develop and initiate process improvements as it relates to HR and plant procedures.
This position will report to the Distributive Assembly Network Manager – Human Resources.
• Assist in the implementation and interpretation of all Company policies to assure consistent application and equitable employee relations
• Assist in employment investigations and maintain legal compliance on all employee relations/performance issues
• Coach and counsel management staff regarding employee relations and performance management
• Assist in the management and administration of company benefit programs including but not limited to: Leaves of Absence policy; medical; dental; vision; life insurance; short term disability (STD); long term disability (LTD); 401k; tuition reimbursement; and employee cabinet purchase program
• Facilitate new hire & benefit orientations
• Coordinate annual open enrollment and wellness screening programs
• Conduct annual local compensation and benefits survey
• Manage employee appreciation and recognition activities
• Assist in organizational training and development activities
• Assist in compiling, updating, verifying, generating, and distributing HR reports
• Special projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be detail oriented
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must have working knowledge of compensation and benefits programs
• Must be computer literate, with a working knowledge of Lotus Notes, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strong presentation skills to all sorts of audiences including executive level
• Demonstrated ability to resolve and manage conflict situations
• Ability to manage the matrix-type organization
• Good problem analysis and problem resolution skills
• Ability to plan and organize tasks and activities
Education and Experience:
• Minimum 1-3 years in a generalist function
• Experience working in a manufacturing organization helpful
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business preferred
• PHR certification desirable
• Experience working with PeopleSoft or Kronos is a plus
• Ability to travel 25% of the time
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all of the duties required of the position.
WE MAY NOT ALWAYS SIT DOWN TOGETHER, BUT WE STILL GATHER AROUND THE TABLE.... come home to MASTERBRAND.
At MasterBrand Cabinets, we understand the importance of working hard and living well. It’s our people-first company philosophy and the very foundation that allows top talent to feel valued and fulfilled. With annual revenue of more than $1 billion, we reward individual contribution, promote career mobility, and allow you to grow as we do. But, perhaps the best part of working at MasterBrand comes when you realize the people you work with have become the people you rely on, care for, and partner with at every turn. Discover what the heart of a great company can do for your future. Discover the people of MasterBrand.
MasterBrand Cabinets offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid holidays and vacations, 401k, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MBCI.
You will be contacted for an interview if MBCI believes you may be qualified for an open position(s). If you are made an offer of employment, the offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully completing: (1) a background check; and (2) a drug screen. In addition, prior to reporting to active employment, you will need to verify eligibility for employment in the United States.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Great People. Great Brands. Great Future.