Planner I (Arthur, IL) (291309) Arthur, Illinois
The Planner-I will continuously drive improvement in the material planning function to minimize inventory, minimize risk related to part outages, and minimize overall logistics costs to the organization.
This position will report to the Manager – Project Materials.
• Review of order model and placement of purchase orders
• Coordinate and expedite the flow of materials
• Maintain appropriate inventory levels
• Maintenance of reorder model for material review
• Implementation of parts order process resulting from product development or changes
• Communicate with logistics and sourcing buyers to establish and maintain lowest freight cost
• Billing resolution with suppliers
• Perform various materials related projects and analysis as assigned
• Maintain quote file for system pricing
• Communicate with sourcing buyers on issues relating to supplier performance and inventory changes
• Communicate with operations on shortages, anticipated shortages, expediting status, etc.
• Communicate with vendors and plant personnel in resolving receiving / shipping issues
• Maintain a shop floor presence (OBKA, LPA, IRA, Kaizen, SQE, etc.)
• Ability to travel up to 5% (Supplier Visits, MBCI Facilities, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Ability to communicate with all levels of management and suppliers both verbally and in writing
• Knowledge of basic functionality in Microsoft Excel (ability to modify formulas, import and export data, filter data)
• Knowledge of basic functionality in Microsoft Word
• Experience with integrated materials / production systems (MRP, ERP, Oracle)
• AS400 / Oracle experience (ability to use and modify queries)
• Knowledge of basic Lean Principles
• Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
• Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
• Experience in a multi-site manufacturing environment
• Attention to detail
• Initiative and drive to resolve problems and implement process improvements
• 2+ years related manufacturing environment experience preferred
• Associate or higher degree preferred or equivalent work related experience
• APICS certification encouraged
WE MAY NOT ALWAYS SIT DOWN TOGETHER, BUT WE STILL GATHER AROUND THE TABLE.... come home to MASTERBRAND.
At MasterBrand Cabinets, we understand the importance of working hard and living well. It’s our people-first company philosophy and the very foundation that allows top talent to feel valued and fulfilled. With annual revenue of more than $1 billion, we reward individual contribution, promote career mobility, and allow you to grow as we do. But, perhaps the best part of working at MasterBrand comes when you realize the people you work with have become the people you rely on, care for, and partner with at every turn. Discover what the heart of a great company can do for your future. Discover the people of MasterBrand.
MasterBrand Cabinets offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid holidays and vacations, 401k, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MBCI.
You will be contacted for an interview if MBCI believes you may be qualified for an open position(s). If you are made an offer of employment, the offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully completing: (1) a background check; and (2) a drug screen. In addition, prior to reporting to active employment, you will need to verify eligibility for employment in the United States.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Great People. Great Brands. Great Future.