Manufacturing Manager (Ferdinand, IN) (291214) Ferdinand, Indiana
Lead and manage a component value stream within the Ferdinand operation. The position is responsible and accountable for meeting all safety, quality, delivery, and cost objectives.
This position will report to the General Manager.
• Lead/manage cross-functional team of group leaders, team leaders, quality specialists, and engineers toward successful completion of business objectives (including budget objectives).
o Develop and execute a safety strategy
o Develop and execute a quality strategy
o Develop and execute a strategy to meet internal and external production demand expectations (e.g., schedule completions)
o Develop and execute an effective communication strategy
• Champion MasterBrand Production System strategy, including continuous improvement plan.
• Partner with support departments, including Finance, Maintenance, Materials, and Human Resources to achieve business results.
• Meet key objectives related to inventory, including WIP turns and inventory accuracy.
• Meet new product introduction objectives (quality, cost, timing).
• Develop and execute/maintain capacity planning strategy.
• Support and promote the Four Basics and Five Traits.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
• 5-8 years of experience in a manufacturing environment. 3+ years of management experience is desired.
• Working knowledge of principles of lean manufacturing.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and motivate individuals to execute key initiatives.
• Proven change management skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department and the company and foster teamwork.
• Ability to maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
• Ability to perform those administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the department, including provision for the selection and development of employees, pay administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling and motivation, organization goals and objectives, and planning, organizing, integrating, and measuring the work performed within the department.
• BS degree in manufacturing/operations management.
WE MAY NOT ALWAYS SIT DOWN TOGETHER, BUT WE STILL GATHER AROUND THE TABLE.... come home to MASTERBRAND.
At MasterBrand Cabinets, we understand the importance of working hard and living well. It’s our people-first company philosophy and the very foundation that allows top talent to feel valued and fulfilled. With annual revenue of more than $1 billion, we reward individual contribution, promote career mobility, and allow you to grow as we do. But, perhaps the best part of working at MasterBrand comes when you realize the people you work with have become the people you rely on, care for, and partner with at every turn. Discover what the heart of a great company can do for your future. Discover the people of MasterBrand.
MasterBrand Cabinets offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid holidays and vacations, 401k, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MBCI.
You will be contacted for an interview if MBCI believes you may be qualified for an open position(s). If you are made an offer of employment, the offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully completing: (1) a background check; and (2) a drug screen. In addition, prior to reporting to active employment, you will need to verify eligibility for employment in the United States.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Great People. Great Brands. Great Future.