General Manager (Ferdinand & Huntingburg, IN Operations) (291193) Ferdinand, Indiana
Lead and manage the cabinet manufacturing operation in Ferdinand, IN. This position is responsible and accountable for meeting all safety, quality, delivery, and cost objectives.
This position will report to the Senior Vice President – Manufacturing.
• Contribute to strategic planning efforts for the Manufacturing Operations, prioritization of related initiatives, alignment of operational goals, and integration of resources.
• Develop and implement strategies and plans to support achievement of Manufacturing Operations and corporate goals.
• Champion MasterBrand Production System (MPS) strategy, including continuous improvement plan.
• Communicate and facilitate understanding of corporate and Manufacturing Operations Department vision, philosophy, objectives, values, and management style to employees, customers, and other constituent groups.
• Monitor short-range plans and key performance indicators and implement timely and appropriate follow-up actions.
• Maintain constant focus on customer satisfaction and direct all activities to manufacture and deliver products on time, to specification, and at the lowest reasonable cost to meet customer needs.
• Define and communicate performance expectations for managers and staff, and coach and counsel in the performance of position responsibilities.
• Identify and implement justified technology, equipment, systems, and process improvements to maximize return on investment of plant, equipment, raw materials, and process inventory.
• Demonstrate through actions, a commitment to the philosophy of continuous improvement in all aspects of performance.
• Improve the quality of work life of employees, ensuring interaction based upon dignity and respect and the maintenance of a healthful and safe work environment.
• Lead in the development and application of policies that support the needs of the organization and provide fair and equitable treatment for all employees.
• Develop and maintain a cooperative and supportive working relationship with employees at all levels.
• Support and reinforce the Four Basics and Five Traits.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in manufacturing leadership roles including experience in a progressive, high volume manufacturing environment.
• Working knowledge of principles of lean manufacturing. Black Belt preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and motivate individuals to execute key initiatives.
• Proven change management skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both within the company and with customers and suppliers.
• Ability to maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
• Ability to perform those administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the department, including provision for the selection and development of employees, pay administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling and motivation, organization goals and objectives, and planning, organizing, integrating, and measuring the work performed within the department.
• Evidence of continuous improvement and total quality management focus and commitment.
• Bachelor's Degree in operations management or a related field required.
WE MAY NOT ALWAYS SIT DOWN TOGETHER, BUT WE STILL GATHER AROUND THE TABLE.... come home to MASTERBRAND.
At MasterBrand Cabinets, we understand the importance of working hard and living well. It’s our people-first company philosophy and the very foundation that allows top talent to feel valued and fulfilled. With annual revenue of more than $1 billion, we reward individual contribution, promote career mobility, and allow you to grow as we do. But, perhaps the best part of working at MasterBrand comes when you realize the people you work with have become the people you rely on, care for, and partner with at every turn. Discover what the heart of a great company can do for your future. Discover the people of MasterBrand.
MasterBrand Cabinets offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid holidays and vacations, 401k, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MBCI.
You will be contacted for an interview if MBCI believes you may be qualified for an open position(s). If you are made an offer of employment, the offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully completing: (1) a background check; and (2) a drug screen. In addition, prior to reporting to active employment, you will need to verify eligibility for employment in the United States.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Great People. Great Brands. Great Future.