Mechanical Engineer (Huntingburg, IN) (291353) Huntingburg, Indiana
Provide engineering services to all MBCI’s facilities, including equipment design, installations and start-up of equipment, project management, continuous productivity improvement, and best practices implementation.
This position will report to the Senior Director - Engineering Services.
• Analyze equipment needs for production projects.
• Analyze equipment quotations and prepare purchase recommendations.
• Prepare equipment purchase specifications and contracts.
• Manage equipment testing and installations.
• Develop TPM & SOS documents for equipment.
• Design, develop, and implement equipment and process improvements utilizing lean techniques.
• Assist in problem solving activities.
Characteristics & Attributes
• Machine and Process design skills in a lean environment.
• Project Management skills.
• CNC and PLC Machine Control knowledge.
• Process capability and capacity testing knowledge.
• TPM process knowledge.
• Industrial Finish knowledge helpful.
• Pneumatic Conveyance knowledge helpful.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks.
• Team player.
• Professional approach and demeanor.
• Willingness to travel is a must
Experience & Education
• Bachelor of Science in EE, EET, Mechanical Engineering, MET, or related engineering field along with training or experience in business administration.
• 1-5 years plant and project engineering experience in a kitchen cabinet manufacturing environment.
• Experience leading teams, managing projects, design, development and implementation of process improvements.
WE MAY NOT ALWAYS SIT DOWN TOGETHER, BUT WE STILL GATHER AROUND THE TABLE.... come home to MASTERBRAND.
At MasterBrand Cabinets, we understand the importance of working hard and living well. It’s our people-first company philosophy and the very foundation that allows top talent to feel valued and fulfilled. With annual revenue of more than $1 billion, we reward individual contribution, promote career mobility, and allow you to grow as we do. But, perhaps the best part of working at MasterBrand comes when you realize the people you work with have become the people you rely on, care for, and partner with at every turn. Discover what the heart of a great company can do for your future. Discover the people of MasterBrand.
MasterBrand Cabinets offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid holidays and vacations, 401k, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MBCI.
You will be contacted for an interview if MBCI believes you may be qualified for an open position(s). If you are made an offer of employment, the offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully completing: (1) a background check; and (2) a drug screen. In addition, prior to reporting to active employment, you will need to verify eligibility for employment in the United States.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Great People. Great Brands. Great Future.