Dispatcher (Jasper, IN) (291514) Jasper, Indiana
This is a non-supervisory, individual contributor role responsible for performing the detailed day-to-day functions necessary to support MBCI dispatch and cross dock operations. This position will focus on meeting or exceeding customer delivery expectations while ensuring cost effective transportation solutions. Additional responsibilities include supporting the development and documentation of tools and processes to improve overall productivity and efficiency. Additional responsibilities will include supporting department metrics, continuous improvement opportunities, and other change the business initiatives.
• Coordinate and facilitate transportation of inbound, inter-company, and outbound freight
• Resolve time critical transportation and delivery issues while making good financial decisions
• Maintain a high level of effective communication between internal and external customers
• Recognize and minimize potential delivery failures
• Perform Backup functions for dispatch and cross dock operations as needed
• Support ongoing development of Logistics metrics to monitor performance and determine opportunities for improvement
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Critical Skills:
• Working knowledge of MBCI operating companies
• Possess good verbal and written communication skills
• Possess excellent customer service skills
• Ability to prioritize and work under pressure
• Time critical issue resolution skills
• Proven experience crossing functional boundaries
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
• Proficiency with a sophisticated email system
• Possess basic geographical knowledge of United States and Canada
Education and Experience:
• B.S. degree in business or logistics preferred
• 3-5 years experience in Transportation or Logistics or equivalent service with MBCI
• Well developed interpersonal skills
WE MAY NOT ALWAYS SIT DOWN TOGETHER, BUT WE STILL GATHER AROUND THE TABLE.... come home to MASTERBRAND.
At MasterBrand Cabinets, we understand the importance of working hard and living well. It’s our people-first company philosophy and the very foundation that allows top talent to feel valued and fulfilled. With annual revenue of more than $1 billion, we reward individual contribution, promote career mobility, and allow you to grow as we do. But, perhaps the best part of working at MasterBrand comes when you realize the people you work with have become the people you rely on, care for, and partner with at every turn. Discover what the heart of a great company can do for your future. Discover the people of MasterBrand.
MasterBrand Cabinets offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid holidays and vacations, 401k, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MBCI.
You will be contacted for an interview if MBCI believes you may be qualified for an open position(s). If you are made an offer of employment, the offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully completing: (1) a background check; and (2) a drug screen. In addition, prior to reporting to active employment, you will need to verify eligibility for employment in the United States.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Great People. Great Brands. Great Future.