L'Oreal USA, Director, Marketing Analytics (PCK336-41555) New York, New York
The Consumer & Market Intelligence Team (CMI) provides information that facilitates management decision-making on broad strategic as well as tactical day-to-day marketing and business issues. CMI uses a wide variety of research techniques and tools. The types of custom research conducted includes market studies, attitude and usage studies, image studies, advertising development and evaluation, tracking research, concept testing, product testing, concept/product testing, promotion testing and qualitative research.
Job Summary: L’Oreal is looking for a creative, analytically driven, and collaborative team member to help us shape and grow our Analytics program which includes managing marketing mix modeling across the organization, digital measurement and build further analytic capabilities including L’Oreal’s Big Data strategy. He/she will have the vision, structured thinking and business savvy to help create the Analytic roadmap for L’Oreal to ensure that its marketing and media activities are as effective and efficient as possible today and into the future. The position supports several internal stakeholders, including brand marketing, integrated marketing, digital marketing, corporate media, and corporate IT.
· Develop roadmap to operationalize analytic tools into L’Oreal organization across marketing and media activation tools
· Manage execution and actioning of analytic initiatives across the organization
· Support identification of leading edge methodologies and technology opportunities for Measurement Strategy and Research
· Work closely with IT to:
o Develop Big Data strategy, implementation plan and integration into the overall Analytic roadmap
o Identify, educate and embed best practices in measurement including data definitions, standards, procedures, training and documentation.
o Support development of Develop data strategy across multiple platforms (websites, surveys, testing, CRM systems, market research etc).
· Manage relationship with Digital Agency Analytics team and ensure Corporate Digital Analytic goals are delivered in best-in-class manner to organization, in an insightful and action-driven manner
· Support Corporate Digital programs with identification with appropriate KPIs for success across digital platforms
· Continual education of organization on Digital KPI’s
Exceptional project and time management skills (the ability to manage multiple projects with shifting and conflicting priorities and deadlines)
Excellent presentation and verbal/written communication skills; ability to communicate complex quantitative ideas to internal and external clients
Takes initiative, anticipating client needs/issues and works proactively to address them
Hands-on experience in quantitative data analysis
Client focused and the ability to support and enable teamwork
Self-motivated and able to operate independently, as well as work effectively with others
Deep understanding of business practices and knowledge of the CPG industry
· 5+ years’ experience in digital analytics and/or marketing mix
· 3+ years’ experience conducting or managing marketing mix studies (preferred
· 3+ years’ online experience with a focus on web analytics and/or optimization
· Building organizational analytic capabilities (preferred)
· A strong track record of successfully managing and delivering analytic projects to internal and external stakeholders
· Significant hands-on experience with web analytics platform(s) — Omniture SiteCatalyst, Test & Target and Insight highly preferred.
· Solid experience leveraging and connecting DoubleClick data and Site side data to articulate performance.
· Knowledge of Ad serving platforms such as DoubleClick/DART, Atlas, Eyeblaster etc. a plus and of integrated marketing and CRM disciplines (including primary research, online advertising, direct marketing).
· Experience in a disciplined test/learn environment that includes both paid media and site side activity.
· Experience with IRI/Nielsen POS data preferred
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel