Senior Manager - Category Management (PCK336-44230) New York County, New York
Senior Manager, Category Management
L’Oreal USA Consumer Products — Center of Excellence
Opportunity to join the L’Oreal USA Category of Management Center of Excellence team supporting one of our top categories for L’Oreal Paris and Maybelline NY Garnier essie. You will support our annual strategic and key customer engagement agenda by providing analysis and key recommendations to benefit our categories and top retailers. This is an excellent position for a highly motivated, seasoned strategic team member seeking experience to service our globally recognized portfolio of brands.
Your Key Job Accountabilities
· This role has two main responsibilities. First, present strategic insights internally and to retail customers to support selling initiatives, and gain alignment of major initiatives at multiple levels of the organization. Second, serve as advanced analytical support for our field teams - both field team leads and executive headquarter staff (Sales, Marketing, and Category Management).
· Identify, measure, and quantify marketplace trends and opportunities. Serve as Category expert to support our field and executive teams with Selling Stories and new business opportunities.
· Develop category and annual plans that meet channel and brand objectives while following key retailer strategic planning processes.
· Provide retailers with account specific opportunities and action plans that drive retailer/L’Oreal USA priorities.
· Create customized retailer specific selling stories leveraging all available selling materials and enablers provided by HQ.
· Contribute to innovation sell-in by presenting consumer/category story and retailer sku optimization recommendations.
· Analyze and present post-promotion analyses for retailer, quantifying impact to brand and category
Qualifications, Knowledge & Know-How required
· College degree is required, MBA preferred.
· Professional Experience: 6-10 years CPG experience in Insights/Category Management /Sales Strategy (Beauty Industry preferred).
· High proficiency in Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
· Extensive knowledge of Syndicated POS, Household Panel (IRI / Nielsen) and Shopper Card (ex: dunnhumby, Extra Care) platforms.
· Strong analytical skills; ability to link strategies and objectives to tactics
· Strong Project Management skills. Planning/organization skills; ability to make decisions and solve problems; ability to seek out and optimize L’Oreal information sources outside of the team when needed
· Excellent Communication and Listening skills.
· Ideally, candidate should be detail oriented, flexible and able to multi-task across all responsibilities. This person must be able to give clear direction and successfully manage changing priorities.
· Teamwork is essential in this role as you will work very closely with internal cross functional team members and retailers directly.
· Capability to present ideas and translate complex concepts to groups of varying seniority and levels within our organization.
L’Oreal USA is an equal opportunity employer M / F / D / V.
With limited exception, candidates must be legally authorized to work without employer sponsorship, both currently and in the future.