Manager of Financial Reporting (816) Seattle, Washington
The Manager, Financial Reporting/Assistant Controller position will be responsible for financial statement preparation and analysis, including identifying and researching technical accounting treatments, drafting policy, recording relevant journal entries and consolidation of operations. This position will assist with our SOX 404 monitoring and testing as well as assistance with quarterly SEC research and reporting. The successful candidate will possess the ability to coordinate between multiple departments and locations and will develop a solid understanding of processes in order to implement best-practice procedures. The Manager, Financial Reporting/Assistant Controller will be an integral member of the senior accounting team. Strong leadership abilities, positive attitude, good organizational skills, attention to detail and professional demeanor are a must. The Manager, Financial Reporting/Assistant Controller will provide excellent internal and external customer service and assist with special projects as required. The ability to apply accounting theory to practical situations on an everyday basis is critical. The Manager, Financial Reporting/Assistant Controller will perform work according to values of Fisher Communications with the utmost of integrity and trust in doing what is right.
- Manage the consolidation, analysis, and reporting of financial information (review of business unit operations, 10Q and 10K footnote preparation, MD&A, XBRL, etc.).
- Research and develop policy for technical accounting issues.
- Develop, implement and maintain accounting policies, procedures and internal controls, consistent with GAAP, SEC and corporate guidelines.
- Assist with proxy statement preparation and BOD presentations.
- Assist with internal control assessment initiatives.
- Review journal entries for corporate business units and consolidated payroll.
- Managing the timing and successful completion of the company-wide month end closure process.
- Assist with maintaining the integrity of all subsystems, to enhance the preparation of timely and accurate financial reports.
- Manage the reconciliation, review and analysis of the general ledger.
- Cash management and banking relationships
- Prepare information and supporting materials relating to compliance with borrowing agreements.
- Accounting and reporting for equity plans
- Provide financial analysis, forecast updates, information, and recommendations.
- Assist in the preparation of budget and audit schedules.
- Project management assignments on corporate wide initiatives such as process improvements, reporting enhancements, etc.
- Special projects as required.
5-7 years of experience required
Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) required
• Active CPA license required
•Minimum 5 years of experience, including public company experience and supervision of team members
• Public accounting experience preferred
• Possess excellent problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills as well as strong accounting knowledge that includes a solid understanding of GAAP accounting standards and SEC reporting requirements. Possess a strong background with automated financial systems, PC and MS Office. Excellent oral and written communication skills, the proven ability to multi-task and manage projects and the strong desire to be a team player and be able to work with minimum supervision is a must
Fisher Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer