Reporter/Anchor for KUNS/Univision Seattle (920) Seattle, Washington
SUMMARY OF JOB:
KUNS/Univision Seattle is currently accepting applications for a full-time bi-lingual news multi-media anchor/reporter/photographer/editor for Spanish newscasts.
Must be prepared to shoot, edit, anchor and report daily.
Ability to shoot and edit is a plus but not a requirement of the job.
We are looking for a candidate with very strong writing and producing skills who can also report and anchor. Must be extremely conversational in Spanish. We are looking for someone who can jump into any role when needed. Candidate must generate enterprise story ideas and help set them up and shoot them.
Must have knowledge of local, national and international news events.
Must be self-motivated and capable of working well independently.
Must have experience shooting and editing on non-linear system, as well as posting content to the web.
Candidates must be able to re-write and translate English scripts to Spanish.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Write, report and anchor in conversational Spanish.
· Must have experience shooting and editing on non-linear equipment.
· Must have experience producing broadcast newscasts.
· Candidate must have a high work ethic and a good attitude.
· Must be a team player who works well with others
· Other duties may be assigned.
Fisher Values: To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following values:
1. Integrity: Demonstrates the highest standards of behavior through honesty, fairness, and trust in everything that they do. Is direct, forthcoming and does what is right. Honors commitments and is accountable for their actions.
2. Dedication to Excellence: Expects to win by giving their best effort and striving for the highest quality in everything they do. Exhibits a sense of urgency, is action-oriented, seizes opportunities and steadfastly pushes themselves and others for results. Seeks continuous improvement and displays good judgment.
3. Innovation: Creation of better products, processes, services or technologies to embrace change and seek new ways to drive business and achieve better operational performance. Team members focus on the bigger picture to gain insight on novel ideas or new methods of doing business to create value. We are creative and innovative in seeking opportunities, navigating challenges and finding solutions.
4. Respect for the Individual: Treats everyone with dignity and respect. Strives to understand others and actively listens to their concerns and perceptions. Shares information and ideas openly and honestly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
3-5 years of experience required
Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) preferred
Please add Jose Luis Gonzalez to the approver list.
Ability to read, comprehend, analyze and compose business reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure. Ability to compute percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions expressed in written, oral or diagram form.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to remain in a static position for extended periods of time and converse with and communicate with others. This position requires frequent moving about, and handling or positioning items. The team member must occasionally position himself/herself in small or unusual spaces. In addition the team member must be able to transport or move up to 50 pounds. The team member must be able to identify objects and be able to communicate in writing.
Team member must be prepared to work outdoors. Occasionally will be asked to work in high, precarious places and work with and near moving mechanical parts. Occasionally may be subjected to loud noise.
Fisher Communications is and Equal Opportunity Employer