Reporter (919) Seattle, Washington
SUMMARY OF JOB:
KOMO-TV is looking for a reporter who epitomizes good old fashioned journalism. We want someone who knows how to cultivate sources and make contacts. We want a digger who always comes to the table with story ideas. Candidate must have extremely strong writing/storytelling skills, and the ability to do energetic, creative live shots. We are looking for someone who doesn't flinch when there is breaking news! Anchor experience is a plus as job may include fill in anchoring. MUST have at least FIVE years experience as a reporter in a medium or top market. Candidate must also be well versed and active in social media and prepared to contribute to our website. Multi-media journalism skills are a definite plus. We are looking for someone with a high work ethic and a great attitude. We want a team player with passion and drive. The shift may involve overnight/early morning shifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Report 5 days per week.
· Engage in social media and contribute to the web.
· Contribute story ideas
· Fill in anchor when needed.
· Other duties may be assigned.
Fisher Values: To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following values:
1. Integrity: Demonstrates the highest standards of behavior through honesty, fairness, and trust in everything that they do. Is direct, forthcoming and does what is right. Honors commitments and is accountable for their actions.
2. Dedication to Excellence: Expects to win by giving their best effort and striving for the highest quality in everything they do. Exhibits a sense of urgency, is action-oriented, seizes opportunities and steadfastly pushes themselves and others for results. Seeks continuous improvement and displays good judgment.
3. Innovation: Creation of better products, processes, services or technologies to embrace change and seek new ways to drive business and achieve better operational performance. Team members focus on the bigger picture to gain insight on novel ideas or new methods of doing business to create value. We are creative and innovative in seeking opportunities, navigating challenges and finding solutions.
4. Respect for the Individual: Treats everyone with dignity and respect. Strives to understand others and actively listens to their concerns and perceptions. Shares information and ideas openly and honestly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
5-7 years of experience required
Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) preferred
Ability to read, comprehend, analyze and compose business reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure. Ability to compute percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions expressed in written, oral or diagram form.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to remain in a static position for extended periods of time and converse with and communicate with others. This position requires frequent moving about, and handling or positioning items. The team member must occasionally position himself/herself in small or unusual spaces. In addition the team member must be able to transport or move up to 50 pounds. The team member must be able to identify objects and be able to communicate in writing.
Team member must be prepared to work outdoors. Occasionally will be asked to work in high, precarious places and work with and near moving mechanical parts. Occasionally may be subjected to loud noise.
Fisher Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer