Traffic Reporter (930) Seattle, Washington
SUMMARY OF JOB:
KOMO-4 is looking for an experienced reporter/anchor to join our morning team. Candidate will be responsible for anchoring the traffic segments from 4:30am-9Am and will report during the rest of the shift. It is imperative that the candidate is well versed with the Seattle metro area and has a good grasp of the local traffic issues. We expect the candidate to own traffic on air and on social media. Candidate must have at least 5 years of experience in a medium to large market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Anchor morning traffic segments.
· Report for the 11am newscast.
· Engage viewers on social media
· Other duties may be assigned.
Fisher Values: To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following values:
1. Integrity: Demonstrates the highest standards of behavior through honesty, fairness, and trust in everything that they do. Is direct, forthcoming and does what is right. Honors commitments and is accountable for their actions.
2. Dedication to Excellence: Expects to win by giving their best effort and striving for the highest quality in everything they do. Exhibits a sense of urgency, is action-oriented, seizes opportunities and steadfastly pushes themselves and others for results. Seeks continuous improvement and displays good judgment.
3. Innovation: Creation of better products, processes, services or technologies to embrace change and seek new ways to drive business and achieve better operational performance. Team members focus on the bigger picture to gain insight on novel ideas or new methods of doing business to create value. We are creative and innovative in seeking opportunities, navigating challenges and finding solutions.
4. Respect for the Individual: Treats everyone with dignity and respect. Strives to understand others and actively listens to their concerns and perceptions. Shares information and ideas openly and honestly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
5-7 years of experience required
Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) preferred
Ability to read, comprehend, analyze and compose business reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure. Ability to compute percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to remain in a static position for extended periods of time and converse with and communicate with others. This position requires frequent moving about, and handling or positioning items. The team member must occasionally position himself/herself in small or unusual spaces. In addition the team member must be able to transport or move up to 50 pounds. The team member must be able to identify objects and be able to communicate in writing.
Team member must be prepared to work outdoors. Occasionally will be asked to work in high, precarious places and work with and near moving mechanical parts. Occasionally may be subjected to loud noise.
Fisher Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer