Web Producer (883) Seattle, Washington
Be part of a growing online news team producing content for komonews.com and Fisher Communications’ network of news sites. We’re looking for a talented and creative journalist with an ability to learn new systems and jump into a fast-paced publishing environment. Online reporting should be your passion and the ideal candidate will be a journalist able to handle tight deadlines and constantly bring new ideas to the table.
- Write, select and publish news and other stories to komonews.com and other sites.
- Produce and edit multimedia elements for online stories.
- Ability to react to and post breaking news quickly and accurately is a core expectation of this position.
- Research, report and write original stories for komonews.com and other sites.
- Be active on Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms to engage with users and generate story ideas.
- Appear on radio and TV if requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent (Degree in journalism or related field strongly preferred).
- Minimum of two years of journalism experience.
- Excellent writing skills and knowledge of AP style required.
- Be active on social media platforms.
- Strong graphics skills desired.
- Basic HTML knowledge required.
- Must be self-motivating and able to work well with a diverse group of people.
- Must be able to handle stress, including short deadlines.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills
- Must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to read and write (with or without corrective devices).
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to speak clearly (with or without corrective devices).
- Must be able to work nights/weekends
Fisher Values: To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following values:
1. Integrity: Demonstrates the highest standards of behavior through honesty, fairness, and trust in everything that they do. Is direct, forthcoming and does what is right. Honors commitments and is accountable for their actions.
2. Dedication to Excellence: Expects to win by giving their best effort and striving for the highest quality in everything they do. Exhibits a sense of urgency, is action-oriented, seizes opportunities and steadfastly pushes themselves and others for results. Seeks continuous improvement and displays good judgment.
3. Innovation: Creation of better products, processes, services or technologies to embrace change and seek new ways to drive business and achieve better operational performance. Team members focus on the bigger picture to gain insight on novel ideas or new methods of doing business to create value. We are creative and innovative in seeking opportunities, navigating challenges and finding solutions.
4. Respect for the Individual: Treats everyone with dignity and respect. Strives to understand others and actively listens to their concerns and perceptions. Shares information and ideas openly and honestly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1-3 years of experience required
Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) required
Fisher Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer