Sr Release Engineer (LEX007RV) Cary, North Carolina
Do you like to define and establish SCM processes in a fast paced SaaS environment? The Sr. Release Engineer defines, implements and continuously improves the process used to integrate, verify, release and audit software installed in LexisNexis enterprise systems serving internal and external customers. As a lead, this person is responsible for setting direction, oversee and guide other Release Engineers across the organization. The lead is a player-coach, responsible for standardization and direction of the SCM discipline.
1. Own, coordinate and execute the strategy that facilitates ongoing parallel development, branching, versioning/labeling and merging for agile development team operations.
2. Automate builds/deployment to various environments and create templates that can be followed by other release engineers.
3. Identify necessary tools and work with the Enterprise process to get them approved.
4. Coordinates between various development departments and Change Management to ensure changes and releases are smoothly integrated and meet required validation levels.
5. Makes determination of software readiness for release.
6. Monitors progress against approved schedules and processes, and provides day-to-day operational management of routine system issues.
7. Coach and mentor other release management personnel on all aspects of the release management responsibility.
8. Work closely with software engineers and product/scrum team members to gain an understanding of functionality and associated installation and build requirements.
9. Implement and execute nightly build and test systems for the products. Monitor nightly build and package process; troubleshoot and communicate problems.
10. Implement and/or use existing monitoring solutions to maintain availability of environments.
1. Bachelors degree with 7 years experience in IT Release Management/Build Management.
2. Skilled in automation and scripting technologies.
3. Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation server, Installshield.
4. Commercial software development experience preferred.
5. Strong knowledge of web server technologies.
6. Prior experience working in a load balanced environment a plus.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis� and Nexis� services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.