Software Engineer Intern (LEX008HO) Cary, North Carolina
Is software development your first love? Does writing code make you want to jump out of bed in the morning? Are you passionate about working on a team of engineers to build world-class solutions? If you answered yes, then we want you. Come join LexisNexis as a Software Engineer Intern. You will write code! You will learn new things! You will learn how technology is leveraged to solve real-world problems! You will help create new products! But, above all, you will have fun and learn a lot!
LexisNexis is a leading global provider of business information solutions for legal, corporate, government, academic and many other areas. We are building the next generation of Web-based applications for LexisNexis and are looking for a talented Software Engineer Intern to design and implement new features for one or more applications in a suite of mobile products. We are building research products that will serve over 3 million users worldwide generating over $2.5B in revenues while serving up rich content in less than 3 seconds all of the time. We need you to help us build these products.
- Work with our partners who include project managers, architects and other engineers to design and implement new software features for applications that will be built on our Lexis® Advance platform.
- Communicate effectively with people having differing levels of technical knowledge.
- Learn from experienced engineers how to effectively analyze the costs of implementing software features, provide accurate estimates, and deliver a high quality and highly performing feature on time.
- Provide feature-level support, problem diagnosis and problem resolution
- Currently working towards a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Basic understanding of software development concepts including SDLC (preferably Agile), OOD, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with at least two programming languages, including Objective-C.
- Knowledge of REST web services is also a plus.
Duration: Summer, 8-12 weeks
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.