Client Manager Large Law - San Francisco (LEX00741) San Francisco, California
The Client Manager is responsible for driving RLS revenue by working with the law firm's executive team to fully understand their needs and to develop a plan that will marshal all of the right resources to achieve the goals. Client would view this individual as someone who could help them solve key business problems, serving as a trusted advisor or business partner. Works in a teaming environment and in conjunction with Research Consultant and Account Executive to retain and grow earned revenue in account base. Also works in collaboration with Account Executive to meet or exceed new business and POS goals.
1. Build and use relationships to grow revenue (e.g., open doors for others to get in). Network with Partners, CIOs, CFOs, EDs, CMOs, etc. outside of the standard office visits
2. Create the strategy/plan for preference, new business and usage for all online research clients and manage the holist view of all accounts. Regularly communicates key priorities, strategy and execution with appropriate Research Consultants.
3. Ensures execution of the preference/usage plan, check, adjust, change the course, etc.
4. Primary responsibility for selling and renewing Research products.
5. Understand, analyze and share unique client information.
6. Discover leads and initiate the sales cycle while integrating the opportunity into the account strategy.
7. Coordinate various teams and representatives across the organization.
8. Navigate the organization to identify and understand solutions/product requirements.
9. Must have a deep understanding of our value proposition as compared to our competitors and use this understanding to differentiate LN and drive sales.
10. Understand and articulate the client's competitive situation including when their contract is up and what competitors are in a firm.
11. Validate the solution and develop a value proposition; assist in determining the ROI of proposals.
12. Align with buying process to expand the value proposition.
13. Secure final agreement for the deal and complete the contract.
14. Owns the client relationship for Research and Litigation Solution products and is responsible for the overall health/status of the client. Successfully executes business reviews with clients on a regular basis.
15. Proactively provides client and product feedback to other parts of the organization, specifically, insight into other products that are working, product gaps and problems.
16. Ability to demo Lexis.com, Lexis Advance, Lexis for Microsoft office and other core products.
17. Utilizes and drives adoption on all required processes, tools, systems, sales metrics and reporting tools.
18. Meet or exceed sales goals and key objectives.
19. Other duties as assigned.
2. 7 years demonstrated successful sales experience, preferably with complex solutions.
3. Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment and across the organization matrix to achieve group and organizational goals.
4. Politically savvy to understand and manage the matrix relationships in the LN organization and relationships in other organizations/firms. Includes the ability to identify the real decision makers and key influencers, and to predict how new events or situations will affect individuals and groups within the organization.
5. Ability to build strong relationships with others to establish a network of relationships with individuals who can provide information, help or access to others.
6. Demonstrated drive to successfully sell and win business. Commits significant time and resources to address opportunities for RLS to increase its footprint in customer organizations.
7. Strong business acumen to understand the impact of your decisions on the territory performance as measured by revenue, profit and customer measures.
8. Executive presence to convince customers to purchase RLS products and services. Executive level communication and presentation skills.
9. Strong organizational, reporting and forecasting skills.
10. May require local or overnight business travel.
11. Ability to lift or carry laptop and collateral sales materials of approximately 25 pounds.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (company website) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.