Domain Architect (LEX0086P) Cary, North Carolina
Do you get excited about working with cutting edge technology?
We are looking for an architect who has developed software and been through the entire life cycle of the product.
Basic Job Function:
This primary responsibility of this position will be to provide executive level strategic technology consulting to engineering management and associated department staffs. In addition, this position will work with LNT and other global RE technical partners regarding new technical concepts and direction.
1. Provide high level technology consulting services to senior engineering management. This includes providing input on technical strategy development, tactical translation of the strategy, maximizing understanding of key L-N and global technical capabilities and providing general support and counsel for senior management activities.
2. Work closely with the management and the technical leads to target and pursue efforts that will maximize reuse and portability of underlying technologies utilized to deliver web products to customers.
3. Identify and drive best coding and development practices across the different engineering organizations.
4. In addition to the management team act as a technical conduit for new ideas to be evaluated and proposed for implementation.
5. Provide support for phase 0 and 1 technical activities including technical assessments, architectural designs, prototyping, and other general consulting as needed.
6. Keep executive management informed of technical opportunities both internal and external to Lexis-Nexis.
7. Act as a roving troubleshooter capable of being applied to mission critical issues that arise. This will require the ability to code and have a working understanding of the principal technologies being utilized to deliver web products across different groups.
8. Identify and manage the evaluation of potential technologies that could have a positive impact on the kind or speed with which web products are engineered.
9. Active participation in technology organizations both inside and outside of L-N for networking and information gathering opportunities.
1. Bachelor's degree in computer science
2. Master's degree in computer science preferred.
3. 5-7 years experience in a variety of LexisNexis engineering roles. Must have in depth knowledge of LNT TA and MVS systems as well as data engineering.
4. Experience in web development both under Unix and NT.
5. Ability to code in both the Unix TA environment as well as the L-N NT environment.
6. Familiar with both NALM and CFM markets and their unique product needs.
7. Experience in presenting to executive level audiences.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.