Financial Accounting Manager
Salary: GBP55000 - GBP65000 per annum + benefits
Responsibilities will include:
•Oversee the financial close process to ensure that this is completed within agreed deadlines and all internal controls are met.
•Review of monthly balance sheet, seeking understanding and explanations of significant movements in the month.
•Control over key audit deliverables to ensure that these are communicated to the rest of finance and provided to the auditors within agreed timelines.
•Co-ordinate the streamlining and documentation of procedures for the financial accounts processes (e.g. VAT manual).
•Detailed review of quarterly VAT returns prior to authorisation by the UK Financial Controller
•Support development of financial systems to improve financial reporting
•Ensure that all information provided, processes and systems are efficient and meet business needs and company objectives and the UK’s financial control framework.
•Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Finance customers and suppliers.
•Support the UK Financial Controller to ensure Departmental objectives achieved.
•Develop a technical and professional skills training plan, which is regularly reviewed, to ensure the right level of technical expertise and knowledge to ensure the function can deliver its objectives within the UK Financial Control environment.
The Experience, Qualifications and Technical Requirements required for the role include:
• Qualified accountant – ACA/ACCA
• 5+ years PQE (8 years Commercial exp)
• Graduate caliber
• Proven team management experience
• Strong Technical accounting skills including IFRS
• Excellent systems experience – SAP, Cognos, TM1, Access, Excel
• Excellent data manipulation and analytic skills
• Experience of analyzing financial reports to aid business decision support
• Experience of running month end and year-end financial close processes
• Experience of process design and implementation
• Proven senior level stakeholder management experience – influencing skills
• Previous experience within a Digital/Online business would be useful
• Good team player
In order to be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate proof of eligibility to work in the UK and hold a valid work visa if applicable.
To apply, please click here