Client & Mobilization Engineer (Eliassen_244541) Baltimore, Maryland
CLIENT & MOBILIZATION ENGINEER: BALTIMORE, MD
Immediate 1 year contract opening for a Client & Mobilization Engineer in Baltimore, MD
- The Client & Mobilization Engineer is responsible for the delivery of client and mobilization technologies and solutions, including, but not limited to, Windows desktops and laptops, client software and applications, mobile device management, client security deployments and enhancements.
- Individual will work in a team of client engineers responsible for providing a diverse array of deliverables to optimize end user capabilities and services.
- The ability to communicate clearly, deliver a high level of customer service, and think with the future in mind are key attributes for this role.
Primary Job Duties:
- Develop and generate conceptual, logical, and physical client architecture/designs and resulting artifacts, including documents and drawings, configuration policies and guidelines, testing analyses, test plans, and risk assessments to ensure a sound architecture.
- Research technological advancements to ensure that client and mobilization solutions are continuously improved, supported, and aligned with industry and company standards as well as emerging business requirements
- Evaluate complex client solution technologies to understand their potential vs. risk and make recommendations including both technical and business foundations
- Work with technology vendors and IS purchasing in vendor negotiations and selection as needed
- Contribute to the development, testing, distribution, and documentation of client and mobile device technologies and solutions
- Troubleshoots and demonstrates problem solving skills in identification of the root causes of business performance and execution issues by using process and data analysis
- Escalate issues in a timely and appropriate manner to team lead for support, approval and/or resolution
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related major or equivalent technical experience.
- 8-10 years of experience in client system technologies
- Technical or Vendor Certifications as appropriate
- ITILv3 certifications are preferred.
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) certification Windows 7 preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the functional areas of the team
- Ability to provide coaching and mentoring to operational team members in the areas of technical skills & competencies.
- Understanding of IS methodologies such as SDLC, ITIL, PMLC and QA/Test.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the principles, techniques, and methodologies of SDLC, quality management, change, and problem management
- Understanding of unit, functional, performance, and regression testing
- Demonstrated skill in the areas of critical thinking and problem solving.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of industry standard client platforms including Windows client (XP, Vista, 7) and server (2003, 2008) operating systems in an enterprise environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows client OS migrations, User State Migration Tool 4.0 (USMT) preferred.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft deployment technologies including Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Experience utilizing Active Directory Group Policy to maintain Windows client configurations
- Experience with client software packaging, Flexera AdminStudio experience preferred
- Working knowledge of antivirus and other client security products, Microsoft Forefront Client Security experience preferred
- Broad experience and understanding of other common IS technologies — such as Active Directory, networking, DNS/DHCP, anti-virus, messaging, VPNs, and IT security practices
- Experience supporting enterprise level client systems, including client replacement, patching, and security configurations